Parents & Students
TCAPS believes education is a partnership between our schools, students and parents. The following resources are intended to assist families in staying connected with our schools and curriculum. If you are unable to find what you are looking for or have a suggestion for improving the website, please contact us at email@example.com.
This area is intended to assist our current TCAPS families in finding the most commonly sought after information. If you are unable to find what you are looking for or have a suggestion for improving the website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications / Calendars
- Staff Directory - Contact Us
- Bus Hotline (School Closings) 231.933.1955
- 2021-22 School Year Calendar
- 2021-22 TH/BL School Year Calendar
- Calendars (Board & Schools)
- Email/Phone Rapid Communications System
- Translation Services
Notifications & Policies
- Annual Notifications
- Board Policies
- Extended Day Participant Handbook
- Preschool Participant Handbook
- 2020-2021 Preschool Participant Handbook
All in a School Day
- Curriculum Information
- Dress Code Guidelines
- Extended Day Child Care
- Grades: PowerSchool Public Portal
- Grades: PowerSchool Public Portal Instructions
- Graduation Requirements
- Health, Immunization Information
- Obtaining Student Work Permits
- School Hours, Locations
- School Safety Drills
- 2021-22 School Start / Dismissal Times
- School Dismissal /Bus Stop Drop Off Times - COMING SOON!
- Snow Day FAQs
- Student Insurance
- TCAPS Moodle
- Transcript Requests
- Transportation Information
- Lunch & Breakfast Menus, Prices
- Lunch: Pay Online Option
- Lunch: My School Interactive Online Menus
- Lunch: My School Menus Video Tutorial
- Lunch: Free/Reduced Online Application
- Lunch: Request for Special Dietary Needs Accommodation Form
- Healthy Snack Ideas & Recipes
Paying Tuition / Fees
- Community Events, Resources
- Summer Programs
- TCAPS 24/7: Anytime K-5 Online Learning Portal
- Field Trip Parental Permission/Medical Form
- Field Trip Driver Form
- Field Trip Driver Emergency Instructions
- Field Trip Chaperone Responsibilities
- Field Trip Overnight Trip Student/Parent Contract
- Sports Physical Form
- Understanding Concussion
Thank you for considering Traverse City Area Public Schools (TCAPS) for your child’s educational journey. We are delighted to partner with you to help your child and every student reach his or her potential in an engaging, inspiring and challenging environment. Below are a few links to help you get acquainted with TCAPS. Should you need additional assistance or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
District Information for All Families
School Closings & Alerts Information
School Closings & Alerts
On the day of a school closing or when an important message needs to be shared, an Alert screen will appear every time the district and/or all school home pages are opened. (This is an embedded feature of the website and is not affected by pop up blockers.) Archived alert messages can be found on this webpage.
To subscribe to the School Closings & Alerts RSS feed, click on the orange RSS feed icon found at the end of the School Closings & Alerts title below to obtain the url to add to your RSS feed reader. Note: announcements will only be made when school is closed. There will be no "open" announcements.
And new this year, TCAPS will also send text alerts to staff and families provided that they have opted in to receive text alerts from the district. This will allow the district and schools to share important and timely information with staff and families via text messaging, including snow day alerts. On November 6, 2020, the district sent an initial text message inviting all families to opt in to receive texts from both the district and their child’s school. All text messages will come from the same number (87569). If you did not receive the opt-in text message, you can always opt in at any time by sending the word YES to 87569 and make sure your phone number is on file with the school. Texting is limited to contact numbers tied to the district’s staff and student databases, therefore is not available to the general public.
School closing information will continue to be shared via our normal methods: all local media stations, the district Facebook/Twitter feeds, and the bus hotline (231.933.1955). School closings are announced as early in the morning as possible, but can occur as late as 6:00 a.m.
Sample School Closing Alert