2018-2019 Community Report (in written text)
2018-2019 Community Report
Proudly serving nearly 10,000 students
We exist to educate. Education improves the quality of life for all.
Curriculum & Instruction
- 18 Advanced Placement course offerings.
- $4 million annual savings to families from Advanced Placement, Early College and Dual Enrollment, which allow students to earn college credit while still in high school.
- 1,200 employees committed to the success of EACH and EVERY student.
Best High Schools Recognition
TC Central High School and TC West Senior High School ranked among the nation's Best High Schools by U.S. News & World Report. Learn more about the Best High Schools recognition.
Finance & Operations
- 8.7% fund balance and a structurally balanced budget.
- 14 consecutive years TCAPS has received the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting.
- 100% bus safety inspection rating earned for the 8th consecutive year on TCAPS' fleet of over 100 buses.
- Grand opening of new Eastern Elementary School building; Montessori reconstruction planning underway; capital bond projects include multiple safety and security upgrades.
- 2 year contract extensions settled with all six labor groups allowing the focus to remain on teaching and learning.
- Continued advocacy for fair distribution of resources and per-pupil funding.
Intense Student Support Network (ISSN)
Building strong systems to drive improved life outcomes for ALL students.
Built stronger connection between TCAPS' Partner In Education program and the ISSN to further meet students' non-academic needs.
- More than $10,000 in donations to support student needs (shoes, clothing, food assistance, personal care items, BATA passes, etc.).
- Golden Fowler donates bed to help student be well-rested and ready to learn.
- GT County Sheriff's Association & TCAPS team up to restore electricity to a family who had been without power for nearly one month.