High School Programs
TCAPS Ranked Among Best High Schools By U.S. News and World Report
Traverse City Area Public Schools (TCAPS) is pleased to announce that Traverse City Central High School and Traverse City West Senior High School have been recognized as being ranked among the nation’s best high schools this year by U.S. News and World Report.
“The U.S. News and World Report rankings show the great work our high school staff, students, and administrators are doing every day. To be ranked among the top high schools in our state, and in the high percentiles in the nation, says so much about the educational services and value we provide to our community,” said Dr. John VanWagoner, superintendent of Traverse City Area Public Schools. “A student’s academic career starts early. The high quality learning environment in our elementary and middle schools are commendable and help to form the building blocks that support these collective achievements.”
U.S. News and World Report ranked 17,857 public high schools out of more than 24,000 that were reviewed. Traverse City West Senior High School ranked 52nd in the state (overall score of 90.75 out of 100). Traverse City Central High School ranked 64th in the state (overall score 89.21 out of 100).
The U.S. News and World Report “Best High Schools” rankings identify the country's top-performing public high schools. The goal of the rankings is to provide a clear, unbiased picture of how well public schools serve all of their students – from the highest to lowest achieving – in preparing them to demonstrate proficiency in basic skills as well as readiness for college-level work. To learn more about the rankings, visit: www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools.
Celebrating the Class of 2021
Class of 2021 Information
- 745 Graduates
- 277 Presidential Education Awards
- 258 Magna/Summa Cum Laude
- 271 Academic Awards
- 17 National Merit Scholars
Prepared for the Future
- TCAPS High Schools Ranked Among Best High Schools (U.S. News & World Report)
- TCAPS' Advanced Placement, Early College & Dual Enrollment Courses Save Area Families Over $4 Million Annually
- 2021 Graduates Earned More Than $5.6 Million in University
& $101,375 in Local Scholarships
Class of 2021 Graduations & Honors Convocations
TC Central High School
Traverse City High School
TC West Senior High School
Obtaining Student Work Permits
Student Work Permits
Following is the school district’s process for student work permits:
- Student obtains a copy of the appropriate blank work permit form from his/her employer or by using the appropriate link below (based on student age).
- Student completes Section 1.
- Student takes the form to his/her Employer.
- Employer completes Section 2.
- Student goes to his/her school or the administration office with completed form and school ID or state ID card/driver’s license.
- School or administration office reviews the work permit, confirms information with the student's PowerSchool record and ID that is presented, and completes Section 3 of the work permit. School makes a copy of the work permit for the student's file.
- Student takes his/her completed work permit to his/her employer.
If you have questions about this process or need further assistance, please speak with your school’s main office or call TCAPS' Human Resources office at 231.933.1710.