Welcome to TCAPS!
With support from a dedicated team of educators and staff, TCAPS students are challenged to use their imaginations, engage their critical thinking skills, and feel inspired to develop effective habits for lifelong learning.
We invite you to be fully involved in the educational journey of your student and our schools—as a volunteer, mentor, and community supporter. TCAPS' Board of Education, administration, and staff are grateful to serve our community’s youth and for the caring circles of families and friends who partner with us to create a brighter future for all children.
K-12 Enrollment Forms
K-12 Enrollment Forms
(Online Enrollment Coming Soon)
The following forms need to be completed and turned in prior to your K-12 child attending his/her first day of school with TCAPS:
- Student Registration Form (for students new to the district) or
- Student Transfer Form (if transferring your student from one TCAPS school to another)
- Immunization Record Learn more
- Certified Birth Certificate or other birth documentation if accompanied by a birth affidavit (A birth affidavit form can be obtained from any school office)
- Proof of Residency in the TCAPS district
The following forms may be needed in order to attend a TCAPS school:
- Schools of Choice Form: Required only if you live outside the TCAPS district, and wish to attend a TCAPS school.
- Open Enrollment Form (Montessori Open Enrollment Form): Required only if you live within the TCAPS district, and wish to attend a TCAPS school other than your home school.
- Transportation Request Form: complete only if you will need transportation to/from school. A separate form must be completed for each student.
- Free or Reduced Lunch Application: only one application needed per family and can also be completed online.
- Home Language Survey
- TCAPS Indigenous Education's ED506: For any Native American or Alaska Native student. Learn more.
Where to Send Completed Registration Forms
Enrollment forms may be returned directly to the main office of the school your child will be attending. View school locations/mailing addresses here.
Translated Enrollment Forms
Translated Enrollment Forms
- Student Registration Form (Spanish) / Formulario Solicitud Estudiante
- Student Transfer Form (Spanish) / Formulario de transferencia de escuela para estudiantes
- TCAPS Open Enrollment Form (Spanish) / Formulario de solicitud de matrícula abierta de TCAPS
- Transportation Request Form (Spanish) / Formulario de solicitud de transporte
- Student Registration Form (Russian) / ЗАЯВЛЕНИЕ НА ПЕРЕВОД УЧАЩЕГОСЯ
- Student Transfer Form (Russian) / ЗАЯВЛЕНИЕ НА ПЕРЕВОД УЧАЩЕГОСЯ
- TCAPS Open Enrollment Form (Russian) / Управление территорией городских школ города Траверс, форма “Заявление на перераспределение”.
- Transportation Request Form (Russian) / Заявление на предоставление транспорта
- Student Registration Form (Vietnamese) / 学生注册表格(若您提出请求，我们提供对此表格的翻译)
- Student Transfer Form (Vietnamese) / 学生转校表格 (若您提出请求，我们提供对此表格的翻译)
- TCAPS Open Enrollment Form (Vietnamese) / 特拉弗斯城区公立学校公开招生申请表格
- Transportation Request Form (Vietnamese) / 交通接送申请表格 请为每名学生填写下面表格 请为每名学生填写下面表格
Home Language Surveys
Prospective Families- Learn More
Learn More About TCAPS Schools
Parents and students interested in learning more about any of our schools are welcome to schedule a tour. To schedule a tour, please contact the school office directly. Additional information for prospective families can be found under the For Parents tab. Visit the TCAPS Curriculum page for grade-level specific content.
Learn More About TCAPS Programs
Follow the links below to learn more about our early childhood and elementary programs:
- Kindergarten and Junior Kindergarten
- UpNorth Virtual (K-12)
- Elementary Talented & Gifted
- Middle School Honors and Academically Talented (AT)
- High School Advanced Placement
- Dual Enrollment
- Early College
- Alternate High School Education
- NorthwestEd Career -Tech Center
Kindergarten & Junior Kindergarten
Traditional kindergarten is offered at all TCAPS elementary schools. Students attend a full day, Monday through Friday. School times vary based on location. Learn more.
Attend a Kindergarten information session to learn more!
Sometimes, students may benefit academically or socially from the gift of a year of extra time prior to entering our traditional kindergarten program. This program is the first year of a two-year kindergarten experience. Learn more.
Interest Survey: For more information regarding the Junior Kindergarten program and/or registration assistance, please contact Alex Crane
Kindergarten Starting Age
Kindergarten Starting Age: Must be 5 by September 1
To enroll in kindergarten, a child must be five years old on or before September 1 of the enrollment year. However, according to Michigan law,* if a child residing in a district is not five years of age on or before September 1, but will turn five years of age not later than December 1 of the enrollment year, the parent or legal guardian may choose to enroll their child in kindergarten.
When in receipt of a waiver request, districts can make recommendations to the child’s parent or legal guardian, as to the child’s readiness for school, and whether or not the child should be enrolled early. Regardless of a district’s recommendation, the parent or legal guardian retains the sole discretion to enroll their child. Questions regarding enrollment should be directed to Erika Swartz at email@example.com or 231.933.1722
Elementary and Secondary Enrollment (Grades 1-12)
Want to learn more about a TCAPS school?
Parents and students interested in learning more about any of our schools are welcome to schedule a tour. To schedule a tour, please contact the school office directly.
Elementary School Enrollment
Middle School Enrollment
- West Middle School Registration Information 2023/24
- East Middle School Registration Information 2023/24
High School Enrollment
For additional K-12 enrollment questions, please contact Erika Swartz at 231.933.1722 or SwartzEr@tcaps.net.
2023-24 Enrollment Events
Kindergarten Information Sessions
Option 1: Attend an in-person event at one of the following locations:
Blair Elementary: Wednesday, February 15 @ 5:30 p.m.
Central Grade Elementary: Wednesday, February 15 @ 5:30 p.m.
Cherry Knoll Elementary: Wednesday, February 15 @ 5:30 p.m.
Courtade Elementary: Wednesday, February 15 @ 5:30 p.m.
Eastern Elementary: Monday, February 13 @ 5:30 p.m.
Long Lake Elementary: Monday, February 13 @ 5:30 p.m.
Silver Lake Elementary: Wednesday, February 15 @ 5:30 p.m.
TCAPS Montessori: Monday, February 13 @ 5:30 p.m. (Kindergarten & Preschool)
Traverse Heights Elementary: Monday, February 13 @ 5:30 p.m.
Willow Hill Elementary: Wednesday, February 15 @ 5:30 p.m.
Westwoods Elementary: Monday, February 13 @ 5:30 p.m.
Option 2: Attend an online option:
A Junior Kindergarten presentation was held virtually on February 8, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. The recorded meeting can be found under the Junior Kindergarten dropdown on the Kindergarten Programs page or at the link below.
2023-24 Middle School Registration Information
EMS 5th into 6th Grade Parent Registration Nights:
- February 27, 2023 EMS | Cafe
- 4:45 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. | Cherry Knoll
- 6:30 p.m. - 7:45 p.m. | Eastern and Old Mission Peninsula Schools
- March 1, 2023 EMS | Cafe
- 4:45 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. | Blair, Central Grade & TCAPS Montessori
- 6:30 p.m. - 7:45 p.m. | Courtade, Traverse Heights & Virtual Students
WMS 5th into 6th Grade Parent Registration Nights:
- Wednesday, Mar. 1, 2023
- 4:45 p.m - 6:00 p.m | Blair & Central Grade
- 6:30 p.m - 7:45 p.m | Westwoods & TCAPS Montessori
- Monday, Mar. 6, 2023
- 4:45 p.m - 6:00 p.m | Willow Hill
- 6:30 p.m - 7:45 p.m | Long Lake & Silver Lake
2023-24 High School Incoming Freshmen & New Student Information:
WSH 8th into 9th Information Night:
- February 6th, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. | WSH Auditorium
Intended for West Middle/TCAPS Montessori Parents or Parents & Students from any non-TCAPS school
CHS 8th into 9th Information Night:
March 2nd, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. | CHS Auditorium
ALL Parents & Students Welcome
Additional High School Enrollment Information