TCAPS is now enrolling!


Enrolling Your Child in TCAPS!

Thank you for considering Traverse City Area Public Schools for your child’s educational journey. We are delighted to partner with you to help your child and every student reach his or her potential in an engaging, inspiring and challenging environment.

With the support of our dedicated team of educators, staff and administrators, TCAPS students are challenged to use their imaginations, engage their critical thinking skills and become inspired to develop habits that will help them continue to learn and grow for the rest of their lives.

We invite you to become fully involved in the educational journey of your student and our community’s youth—as a parent, volunteer, mentor, booster and community supporter of our public schools. The Board of Education, administration and staff of TCAPS are grateful to serve our community’s youth and for the many caring circles of families and friends who work together in partnership with our schools to create a bright future for our children.

Enroll Now

K-12 Enrollment Forms

The following forms need to be completed and turned in prior to your K-12 child attending his/her first day of school with TCAPS:

  • PDF DocumentStudent Registration Form (for students new to the district) or PDF DocumentStudent Transfer Form ( if transferring your student from one TCAPS school to another)
  • Immunization Record Learn more
  • Certified Birth Certificate or other birth documentation if accompanied by a birth affidavit (A birth affidavit form can be obtained from any school office)
  • Proof of Residency in the TCAPS district
  • PDF DocumentSchools of Choice Form: Required only if you live outside the TCAPS district, and wish to attend a TCAPS school
  • PDF DocumentOpen Enrollment Form (PDF DocumentMontessori Open Enrollment Form): Required only if you live within the TCAPS district, and wish to attend a TCAPS school other than your home school

Additional Forms

The following forms are not required in order to attend a TCAPS school, however, the information would allow TCAPS to better serve you and your child:

Where to Send Completed Registration Forms

Enrollment forms may be returned directly to the main office of the school your child will be attending. View school locations/mailing addresses here.

Preschool Enrollment Information

Prospective Families- Learn More

Learn More About TCAPS Schools

Parents and students interested in learning more about any of our schools are welcome to schedule a tour. To schedule a tour, please contact the school office directly. Additional information for prospective families can be found under the For Parents tab. Visit the TCAPS Curriculum page for grade-level specific content.

Learn More About TCAPS Programs

Follow the links below to learn more about our early childhood and elementary programs:

See additional TCAPS programs

Traditional Kindergarten

Traditional kindergarten is offered at all TCAPS elementary schools. Students attend a full day, Monday through Friday. School times vary based on location.  Learn more.

Junior Kindergarten

Sometimes, students may benefit academically or socially from the gift of a year of extra time prior to entering our traditional kindergarten program. This program is the first year of a two-year kindergarten experience. Learn more.

  • Interest Survey: For more information regarding the Junior Kindergarten program and/or registration assistance, please contact Alex Crain 

School Readiness & Early Enrollment

Kindergarten Starting Age: Must be 5 by September 1

To enroll in kindergarten, a child must be five years old on or before September 1 of the enrollment year.  However, according to Michigan law,* if a child residing in a district is not five years of age on or before September 1, but will turn five years of age not later than December 1 of the enrollment year, the parent or legal guardian may choose to enroll their child in kindergarten.

When in receipt of a waiver request, districts can make recommendations to the child’s parent or legal guardian, as to the child’s readiness for school, and whether or not the child should be enrolled early. Regardless of a district’s recommendation, the parent or legal guardian retains the sole discretion to enroll their child. Questions regarding enrollment should be directed to Erika Swartz at or 231.933.1722

TCAPS Kindergarten Guide

Want to learn more about a TCAPS school?

Parents and students interested in learning more about any of our schools are welcome to schedule a tour. To schedule a tour, please contact the school office directly.

Elementary School Enrollment

Coming soon!

Middle School Enrollment

High School Enrollment

Enrollment Questions

For additional K-12 enrollment questions, please contact Mary Beth Stein (231.933.1718).

Information will be posted soon.