TCAPS Preschool Programs
2021-2022 Early Registration Opens February 8th
About TCAPS Preschools
Licensed preschool programs for children ages 3 to 5 years of age are provided in a safe, nurturing environment. Our facilities include a school library, gymnasium, playground, and cafeteria.
Activities in the preschool programs address each child’s individual developmental needs, with an emphasis on literacy and language development. Children will engage in music instruction, arts and crafts, creative games, science and nature projects, computers, productive play, and rest. Children will also receive social, physical, emotional, and intellectual stimulation throughout their day.
All TCAPS Preschools Offer:
- Creative Curriculum, with a focus on literacy and language development
- Personalized learning unique to each child’s developmental abilities
- Qualified, caring, and experienced staff
TCAPS preschool programs follow the TCAPS district calendar including all half days, early release days, and no school days.
Important 2021-2022 Dates
- February 8th: Early registration through April 9th
- February 20th: Virtual Information Session, 10 AM (see below for details)
- April 10th: Regular registration period begins
- August 6th: Registration deadline for placement to begin on the first day of school
- September 7th: First day of school
Preschool Programming Information
All locations offer full-day preschool on a five (5), three (3) or two (2) days per week schedule.
A half-day morning option is available at Eastern Elementary School only and is available on a five (5), three (3) or two (2) days per week schedule.
Fees will be based on the schedule submitted at the time of enrollment. Daily fees are charged based on enrollment, not attendance. Vacation days and illness days will not be credited. However, you will not be charged for inclement weather days.
- 2020-2021 Revised Preschool Tuition Fees
- 2021-2022 Preschool Tuition Fees
- 2021-2022 Montessori Toddler and Primary Preschool Tuition Fees
Preschool Participation Handbook/Additional Forms
2021-2022 Registration Information - Opens Feb. 8th
2021-2022 Registration Timeline
- February 8 - April 9, 2021 - Early Registration: All interested families are invited to sign up during this time. Families who sign up during this registration period and have completed all required forms. Families will be notified in late-April of their approval/placement status. Placements will be made for registrations completed during this time period as the top priority, maximizing the services provided by the program. A registration fee of $40 per student will be assessed after placement is approved. Payment instructions will be emailed to families once the registration fee has been assessed.
- February 20, 2021 - Virtual Preschool Information Session, 10 AM: Families who have questions or need extra assistance with the enrollment process are invited to attend a virtual information session on Saturday, February 20th, at 10:00 a.m. The Google Meet can be accessed at: https://meet.google.com/gxi-yezj-kzp or by calling in at: +1 260-225-9881 PIN: 397 955 837#. Families are not required to attend this session in order to enroll in a preschool program.
- April 10 - August 6, 2021 - Regular Registration Period: A second registration period will be offered for all interested families. Families who sign up during this registration period will be notified once their enrollment papers have been processed and approved. A registration fee of $50 per student will apply. Payment instructions will be emailed to families once the registration fee has been assessed.
After August 6, 2021: Late registration remains open, however, there is no guarantee your child will be able to begin the program the first week of school. Your child will not be able to begin preschool until after placement has been made and ALL FORMS are completed and verified. A registration fee of $50 per student will apply. Payment instructions will be emailed to families once the registration fee has been assessed.
**Enrollment priority will be granted to those who enroll during the early registration period and are maximizing the services provided by the program. Please note: if your child's schedule is reduced drastically from the original schedule requested during the enrollment process, your child may lose their space in the program.
2021-2022 Registration Information
Returning Tuition-Based Preschool Students
- Returning preschool families can log directly into the PowerSchool Parent Portal and use their child's current access ID information. Required forms to complete include:
- 2021-2022 Preschool Registration Form
- Emergency Contacts Form
- Medical & Essential Health Form
- Health Appraisal Form (paper copy completed by a doctor)
- Please Note: PowerSchool online registration does not work on mobile devices (phone, tablet, iPad, etc.). You must use a laptop or desktop computer.
New Tuition-Based Preschool & Montessori Toddler Students
- Instructions for families on completing the online registration process
- View video instructions on completing the online registration process
- Forms to complete include:
- Medical & Essential Health Information
- 2021-22 Preschool Registration Form
- Health Appraisal Form (paper copy completed by a doctor)
Please Note: PowerSchool online registration does not work on mobile devices (phone, tablet, iPad, etc.). You must use a laptop or desktop computer.
Montessori Toddler & Primary Preschool Registration
- Toddler Program
Families interested in enrolling in the Toddler Montessori program will register online and should follow the online instructions above.
- Primary Preschool Program
Registration for the TCAPS Montessori primary preschool program will not be completed through the online registration process. Families should contact the school directly at 231.933.6420 to enroll their child.
- Enrollment priority will be granted to those who enroll during the early registration period and are maximizing the services provided by the program. Please note: if your child's schedule is reduced drastically from the original schedule requested during the enrollment process, your child may lose their space in the program.
More Information or Registration Assistance
- For more information or registration assistance, including translation, please contact Kelly Gignilliat at 231.933.1759.
Paying Fees Online Through eFunds
Online payments for preschool registration fees and tuition can be paid online via eFunds for Schools.
DHS childcare reimbursements are also accepted, however, families are required to pay tuition in advance and keep their childcare account paid in full at all times. As DHS reimbursements are received by TCAPS, credits to the childcare account will occur and later appear on the monthly statement families receive at the end of each month.
For additional financial assistance information, please contact the Licensed Child Care Office at 231.933.1759.
2020-21 Preschool Locations & Contact Information
|Central Grade School
301 W. Seventh Street
Alicia Swanson, Manager
|Cherry Knoll Elementary School
1800 Three Mile Road
Carrie Donovan, Manager
|Long Lake Elementary School
7600 N. Long Lake Road
Megan Niezgoda, Manager
301 S. Garfield
Kelly BeVier, Manager
|Silver Lake Elementary School
5858 Culver Drive
Shawna Walton, Manager
at Glenn Loomis
1009 Oak St.
Liz Sievers, School Admin. Asst.
|Westwoods Elementary School
1500 Fisher Road
Gina McPherson, Manager
|Willow Hill Elementary School
1250 Hill Street
Mary Kolle, Manager
Brynn Still, Manager
For More Information
For more information on program locations, fees, or to enroll, please call the Licensed Child Care Department at 231.933.1759.
Additional Preschool Options
Montessori Toddler & Primary Programs
TCAPS’ Toddler Montessori program is for children, age 18 – 36 months, and is available at TCAPS Montessori at Glenn Loomis. The Montessori methods of education are used with the goal of helping children to develop character, skills, and education. Activities in the toddler program are designed to nurture and empower each individual child. The program promotes development of social skills, emotional growth, and physical coordination as well as cognitive preparation. The holistic curriculum allows the child to experience the joy of learning from a very young age. Visit the Toddler Montessori webpage to learn more about the program. Follow the online registration process to enroll your child for the 2021-2022 school year.
TCAPS’ Primary Montessori program, designed for children 3 – 5 years of age, is an exciting preschool/kindergarten program that provides children with an integrated Montessori curriculum. The major areas of learning in the Primary Montessori classroom are: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, and Cultural Studies which encompasses science, art and geography. Visit the Primary Montessori webpage to learn more about the program. Registration for the TCAPS Montessori primary preschool program will not be completed through the online registration process. Families should contact the school directly at 231.933.6420 to enroll their child