TCAPS Preschool Programs
About TCAPS Preschools
Licensed full day and half-day programs for children ages 3 to 5 years of age are provided in a safe, nurturing environment. Our facilities include a school library, gymnasium, playground, and cafeteria.
Activities in the preschool programs address each child’s individual developmental needs, with the emphasis on literacy and language development. Children will engage in music instruction, arts and crafts, creative games, science and nature projects, computers, productive play, and rest. Children will also receive social, physical, emotional, and intellectual stimulation throughout their day.
All TCAPS Preschools Offer:
- Creative Curriculum, with a focus on literacy and language development
- Personalized learning unique to each child’s developmental abilities
- Qualified, caring, and experienced staff
- Full and half day options
TCAPS preschool programs follow the TCAPS district calendar including all half days, early release days, and no school days.
Important 2020-2021 Dates
- September 8: Virtual student meets will begin
- September 16: Deadline for cancellations/change in initial enrollment
- September 21: Registration fee is assessed
- September 21: Preschool begins with in-person instruction
2020-2021 Registration Timeline
- February 3 - March 31, 2020 - Early Registration - All interested families are invited to sign up during this time. Families who sign up during this registration period and have completed all required forms (including bringing an original birth certificate into the administration building to be copied 1***) will be notified in early April of their approval/placement status. Placements will be made for registrations completed during this time period as the top priority, maximizing the services provided by the program.** A registration fee of $40 per student will be assessed in early April 2***. Payment instructions will be emailed to families once the registration fee has been assessed.
- 1***The deadline for bringing in paperwork has been extended due to the state-mandated school closures. More information will be available after schools re-open.
- 2***Due to the recent closure of all K-12 schools the approval/placement deadline for preschool 2020/2021 has been extended (date to be determined.) Families will be notified as soon as possible of their child’s placement and registration fees will be assessed at that time. Placements will be made for registrations completed during the original early registration period as the top priority, maximizing the services provided by the program.
- February 8, 2020 - A Preschool Information Fair will be held on Saturday, February 8th, at Eastern Elementary School (1600 Eastern Ave.), from 9:00 a.m. - Noon for families that have questions or need extra assistance with the enrollment process. Translations services are available by appointment only Please call Kelly Gignilliat (231.933.1759) to make an appointment. Children are welcome. Families are not required to attend the Fair in order to enroll in a preschool program.
- April 1 - August 3, 2020 - Regular Registration Period- A second registration period will be offered for all interested families. Families who sign up during this registration period will be notified once their enrollment papers have been processed and approved. A registration fee of $50 per student. Payment instructions will be emailed to families once the registration fee has been assessed.
- After August 3, 2020 - Late registration remains open, however, there is no guarantee your child will be able to begin the program the first week of school. Your child will not be able to begin preschool until after placement has been made and ALL FORMS are completed and verified.
- **Enrollment priority will be granted to those who enroll during the early registration period and are maximizing the services provided by the program. Please note: if your child's schedule is reduced drastically from the original schedule requested during the enrollment process, your child may lose their space in the program.
2020-2021 Registration Information
Returning Tuition-Based Preschool Students
- Returning preschool families can log directly into the PowerSchool Parent Portal and use their child's current access ID information. Required forms to complete include:
- 2020-2021 Preschool Registration Form
- Emergency Contacts Form
- Medical & Essential Health Form
- Health Appraisal Form (paper copy completed by a doctor)
- Please Note: PowerSchool online registration does not work on mobile devices (phone, tablet, iPad, etc.). You must use a laptop or desktop computer.
New Tuition-Based Preschool Students
- Instructions for new families on completing the online registration process
- Video instructions for completing the enrollment process
- Forms to complete include:
- Medical & Essential Health Information
- 2020-21 Preschool Registration Form
- Health Appraisal Form (paper copy completed by a doctor)
Please Note: PowerSchool online registration does not work on mobile devices (phone, tablet, iPad, etc.). You must use a laptop or desktop computer.
- All schools with the exception of TCAPS Montessori will be participating in online registration. Families interested in Montessori programs should contact the school directly at 231.933.6420 to enroll their child.
- Enrollment priority will be granted to those who enroll during the early registration period and are maximizing the services provided by the program. Please note: if your child's schedule is reduced drastically from the original schedule requested during the enrollment process, your child may lose their space in the program.
More Information or Registration Assistance
- For more information or registration assistance, including translation, please contact Kelly Gignilliat 231.933.1759.
Preschool Programming Information
Scheduling options at all locations are full-day and half-day - five, three and two days per week.
Tuition fees have also been reduced for the year to reflect anticipated snow days (and pro-rated for part time enrollees), eliminating snow day credits at the end of the year.
- View the Revised 2020-2021 Preschool Tuition Fees
Preschool Participation Handbook/Additional Forms
Paying Fees Online Through eFunds
Online payments for preschool registration fees and tuition can be paid online via eFunds for Schools.
DHS childcare reimbursements are also accepted, however, families are required to pay tuition in advance and keep their childcare account paid in full at all times. As DHS reimbursements are received by TCAPS, credits to the childcare account will occur and later appear on the monthly statement families receive at the end of each month.
For additional financial assistance information, please contact the Licensed Child Care Office at 231.933.1759.
Preschool Locations & Contact Information
|Central Grade School
301 W. Seventh Street
Sarah Hartwig, Manager
|Cherry Knoll Elementary School
1800 Three Mile Road
Carrie Donovan, Manager
|Long Lake Elementary School
7600 N. Long Lake Road
Megan Niezgoda, Manager
301 S. Garfield
Kelly BeVier, Manager
|Silver Lake Elementary School
5858 Culver Drive
Shawna Walton, Manager
at Glenn Loomis
1009 Oak St.
Liz Sievers, School Admin. Asst.
|Westwoods Elementary School
1500 Fisher Road
Paula Sandtveit, Manager
Gina McPherson, Manager
|Willow Hill Elementary School
1250 Hill Street
Mary Kolle, Manager
Brynn Still, Manager
For More Information
For more information on program locations, fees, or to enroll, please call the Licensed Child Care Department at 231.933.1759.
Additional Preschool Options
Montessori Toddler & Primary Programs
TCAPS’ Toddler Montessori program is for children, age 18 – 36 months, and is available at TCAPS Montessori at Glenn Loomis. The Montessori methods of education are used with the goal of helping children to develop character, skills, and education. Activities in the toddler program are designed to nurture and empower each individual child. The program promotes development of social skills, emotional growth, and physical coordination as well as cognitive preparation. The holistic curriculum allows the child to experience the joy of learning from a very young age. Visit the Toddler Montessori webpage to learn more.
TCAPS’ Primary Montessori program, designed for children 3 – 5 years of age, is an exciting preschool/kindergarten program that provides children with an integrated Montessori curriculum. The major areas of learning in the Primary Montessori classroom are: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, and Cultural Studies which encompasses science, art and geography. Visit the Primary Montessori webpage to learn more.