Primary Preschool Montessori Program
2023-2024 Primary Program
Registration Now Open!
Families interested in enrolling in the Primary Preschool Montessori program will register online and should follow the online instructions found on the preschool webpage.
About the Program
TCAPS' Primary Montessori program, designed for children 3 - 5 years of age, is an exciting preschool/kindergarten program that provides children with an integrated Montessori curriculum.
The major areas of learning in the Primary Montessori classroom are: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, and Cultural Studies which encompasses science, art and geography.
- Practical Life is the foundation of the classroom. In this critical area children experience lessons in everything from properly opening the door, to preparing snacks and washing dishes. They practice these exercises willingly because the activities are connected to everything people do in everyday life.
- The Sensorial area invites children to use their senses to master their learning. There are activities where the children develop and refine the five senses.
- The Language area consists of activities based around early language (for example, matching pictures to objects, categorizing, and rhyming) to advance activities of reading, writing, and early grammar.
- In the Math area, children explore numbers in a very hands-on method. Montessori math materials allow the children to learn about numbers and their quantities. The children use manipulatives long before they see the number in a written form, to do everything from counting to adding complex numbers.
- The Geography area allows the children to learn about landforms, continents, countries, and states.
- The Science area includes first experiments in such topics as light, water, and friction. We also study science units such as living versus non-living, seasons, and weather.
- The Art area explores the many different medias of art. We begin with simple activities on using crayons to create different types of lines and move towards more elaborate activities such as stamping and rubbing.
TCAPS Primary Montessori Hours & Fees
- Kindergarten is an all day/every day program
- There is no fee for kindergarten students, costs are covered by Michigan Department of Education as a regular school program.
- Hours: 8:15 AM - 3:11 PM
- 2023-2024 Montessori Toddler and Primary Preschool Tuition Fees
- Primary Montessori Early Childhood Handbook
- Health Appraisal Form
For more information, please call the school office at 231.933.6420.