TCAPS has many exciting summer learning and camp opportunities for children of all ages. All programs are available to children living in the Traverse area region as well as those visiting the area for the summer . Click on the sections below to view more information regarding all summer programs.
Grades P-5: Summer Explorers Club
Choose your weekly adventure and let the exploring begin!
TCAPS' Summer Explorers Clubs are designed to engage preschool through fifth grade learners during the summer months. Each week features different theme-based activities. Sign up for every week or just a few.
Explorers Clubs are licensed by the State of Michigan to assure safety, health, and quality measures are met. Staff members are certified in CPR/First Aid and have met training and regulation standards. Financial assistance may be available through the Department of Human Services (DHS) for qualifying families.
Visit the Summer Explorers Club webpage for additional program and registration information.
Grades 1-12: Athletics & LEAP Summer Offerings
Current Summer Offerings
- TC Trojan June Basketball Camp Boys (Gr. 5-8)
- TC Trojan June Basketball Camp Co-Ed (Gr. 1-4)
- TC Trojan June Basketball Camp Girls (Gr. 5-8)
- Titan Boys & Girls Basketball Camp (Gr. 3-6)
- Titan Boys Basketball Camp (Gr. 6-8)
- Titan Girls Basketball Camp (Gr. 6-8)
Choir / Music
- Lil Titan Football Camp (Gr. 1-6)
- TC Trojan Football Camp (Gr. 2-6)
- TC Trojan Football Camp (Gr. 7-8)
- Titan Football Training & Camp (HS)
- Titan Football Training & Camp (MS)
- Titan Middle School Football Camp
Strength & Conditioning
- Elite Volleyball Camp (Gr. 9-12)
- Fresh Coast Volleyball Camp (Gr. 3-8)
- Lady Trojan Volleyball Camp (Gr. 3-5)
- Lady Trojan Volleyball Camp (Gr. 6-8)
Current Community Partnerships
- Challenge Island Summer Day Camps
- City Opera House Take it From the Top (Gr. 5-12)
- Drama Kids Summer 2021 (Gr. 3-10)
- TACS Community Sailing (Ages 8-17)
- Traverse City Little League (Ages 5-12)
- Traverse City Youth Football (Gr. 3-6)
- YMCA TC United Youth Lacrosse (Ages 6-14)
- YMCA Varsity & Middle School Girls Lacrosse (Gr. 6+)
Grades 9-12: Summer Academy: Initial Course & Recovery Classes
Initial Course and Credit Recovery Options
Summer Academy is open to all incoming 9th – 12th grade students. No residency is required. Summer Academy is a great opportunity for students needing to recover credits, wanting to accelerate, or looking to free up an hour for electives such as choir, band, or theatre.
2021 Classes and Teacher Support
TCAPS Summer Academy is a hybrid model of an online platform with in-person teacher support and/or workspace. Edgenuity will be providing the online platform which includes online assignments, video lectures, and assessments. Classes combine the best of highly qualified TCAPS teachers with the effective use of interactive technology. Courses can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at school and at home. The programs provide rich multimedia presentations that engage students in the learning process.
Hosted at Central High School, lower C-atrium classrooms
Sessions are open July 7th to August 4th, Mondays through Thursdays
Highly qualified teacher support times and office hours are from 8:00 AM to Noon.
Online courses are available 24/7 and are to be completed by August 4th.
Depending on Michigan and CDC guidelines in upcoming months, organization of in-person instruction may be modified. We will strictly adhere to all guidelines and will communicate those plans to students and families. Teachers will be available for Google Meets during office hour times.
Visit the Summer Academy webpage for more information and to register online.