Learning, Enrichment & Athletic Program
LEAP, also known as the Learning, Enrichment and Athletic Program, provides athletic, arts and enrichment opportunities for preschool through 12th grade students. It is the vision of LEAP to provide students with increased opportunities for engagement beyond the school day through educational and recreational activities to improve learning, health, and wellness. Programs goals include 1) ensuring access to available programming for each student committing to participate in athletic and/or recreational activities offered through LEAP, and 2) participants, coaches, parents, and spectators will demonstrate the highest degree of sportsmanship at all times.
Program & Registration Information
"Attention parents: Online Registration through Eleyo for LEAP offerings is now open for the 2018-19 school year. You can find the individual registration pages by clicking the offering in the right sidebar on this page (if viewing on a mobile phone, the offerings are listed in the gray subpages dropdown.)
The first time you visit the new online registration site you will need to create a new account.
Learn More About LEAP Programs
Click on the links on the right to learn more about LEAP activities and to complete the online registration process. Additional opportunities will be added as they become available, so be sure to check back often!
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Register online by clicking on the LEAP offering to be taken to the registration page (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and ACH accepted for most programs).
- Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located in the F building at Central High School, 1150 Milliken Drive, Traverse City. School year office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
- Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date.
- Reduced rates are available to those who qualify for the free/reduced meal program for select offerings. Please see individual offerings for prices and availability.
LEAP Participant Expectations
All LEAP participants are asked to:
- Attend all scheduled practices and competitions
- Give their best effort at all times
- Conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike fashion at all times
- Treat teammates with respect
- Have fun
*Any behavior which is contrary to the LEAP vision, mission, and/or program goals could result in an individual (student, parent, and/or coach) or team being denied further access to program offerings. The Student Code of Conduct found in the student handbook will be enforced for all LEAP activities.
Sports Physical Requirement (Grades 6-8)
All 6th, 7th & 8th grade students must have a physical dated on or after April 15, 2018, on file prior to the start of their sports season.
The physical form gives TCAPS representatives the ability to authorize treatment in case of a medical emergency. Once on file, sports physicals are good for one school year. Physical forms can be turned into main office at East Middle School and the North Wing Office at West Middle School.
Download sports physical form
LEAP Middle School Admission Prices
Admission prices for LEAP middle school basketball, football, volleyball and wrestling activities are as follows:
- Adults - $3.00
- Students - $2.00
- Children 5 & Under - Free
All-Access Athletics Passes
All-Access Athletics Passes are available for purchase and include admission to all LEAP and TCAPS athletic events. TCAPS all-access sports passes are not valid for MHSAA-sponsored events. Prices are $100 adults, $75 students, and $30 for senior citizens. Prices remain the same all year no matter what season in which the pass is purchased. Passes can be purchased from the LEAP Office, located at Central High School as well both high school athletic offices.
Interested in Coaching?
LEAP offers excellent opportunities for parents and community members to volunteer as a coach for its multiple sports programs. Most positions are non-paid, volunteer positions, however, some middle school coaching positions do offer a small stipend.
How to Apply
- Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 to express your interest in a coaching position.
- In addition to calling the LEAP office, for all volunteer positions, please complete the TCAPS volunteer application so the appropriate background check may be completed.
- View all current paid coaching opportunities available. Complete the online application process for the position(s) you desire and be sure to call the LEAP office to express your interest.