Summer Explorers Club
For Children in Kindergarten - 5th Grade
Choose your weekly adventure and let the exploring begin!
TCAPS' Summer Explorers Clubs are designed to engage kindergarten through fifth grade learners during the summer months. Each week features different theme-based activities. Sign up for every week or just a few. (Families are encouraged to sign up early as space is limited.)
Explorers Clubs are licensed by the State of Michigan to assure safety, health, and quality measures are met. Staff members are certified in CPR/First Aid and have met training and regulation standards. Financial assistance may be available through the Department of Human Services (DHS) for qualifying families.
Participants must be 5 years of age by June 27, 2022 and enrolled in kindergarten to be eligible for the Summer Explorers Club.
**Priority will be given to current TCAPS Students.
2022 Registration Information
Online Registration Information
Due to the high number of registrations for the 2022 TCAPS Summer Explorers Club, we are currently not taking any new enrollments beyond March 2, 2022. We encourage any family who would like to join the wait list to please complete the following information. If a spot(s) becomes available, will contact you with further instructions. If you have already completed the online registration form, you do not need to complete this inquiry form.
Weekly Registration Opportunity
Families are encouraged to register early to ensure space/staffing availability. Space is limited. In addition to the early registration period, families are able to register weekly throughout the duration of the summer; however there is no guarantee (based on staffing) of availability. The deadline to register is a minimum of seven days prior to the beginning of the desired week of attendance.
- There is a one time $30 non-refundable registration fee per student which will be assessed on June 22nd. Payment instructions will be emailed once the registration fee has been assessed. For anyone registering after June 27th, fees will be assessed on a weekly basis.
Forms Must Be Completed Prior to Placement
All forms must be completely filled out in order for your child to be placed in a program. Placement notifications will begin May 2, 2022. For more information or assistance, please contact Kelly Gignilliat at firstname.lastname@example.org 231.933.1759 (Fax number 231.933.1791).
2022 Club Dates, Themes & Fee Information
- June 27 - August 19, 2022
- Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- No Club: Monday, July 4th
Each week will feature different theme-based activities. Explorers are invited to sign up for every week or just the weekly adventures of interest. Weekly themes are:
- Week 1 (6.27.22) - Fun in the Sun
- Week 2 (7.4.22) - (No Camp on Monday July 4th) - Let’s Celebrate
- Week 3 (7.11.22) - We Have Talent
- Week 4 (7.18.22) - Wonders of Nature
- Week 5 (7.25.22) - Game On
- Week 6 (8.1.22) - Under Construction
- Week 7 (8.8.22) - Wacky Water Week
- Week 8 (8.15.22) - Mystery Theme
- $180 per week
- Fees are set for the full week and are not based on the number of days in attendance.
- Registration Fee: $30
Lunch & Snack Information for All Clubs
- Explorers are to bring their own sack lunch Monday – Thursday.
- On Fridays, free pizza will be provided for all students.
- Two free snacks per day will also be provided for all students.
2022 Camp Locations & Contact Information
- Cherry Knoll Elementary School
1800 Three Mile Road
- Willow Hill Elementary School
1250 Hill Street