Licensed Merchandise: For Buyers & Sellers

Purchase District & School Merchandise

Traverse City Area Public Schools offers several options for purchasing district and/or school-related merchandise.

High School Merchandise on Amazon

Officially licensed products for Traverse City Central High School and Traverse City West Senior High School are now available on Amazon! When you make a purchase, a large portion of the sales come back to our district. These products are available with two-day shipping to Amazon Prime members. To support our district and see officially licensed products, click on the links below:

Design Your Own Product Using the TCAPS Online Design Studio

TCAPS is proud to partner with Bulls-i, Inc. to offer schools, teams, clubs, etc. the autonomy to design pre-decorated products while accessing approved TCAPS logo branding.

By using the free, web-based logo gear stores and online design studio, your group will retain ALL profits (the difference between the wholesale and retail prices of pre-decorated products sold).

For orders not related to your pre-decorated products sold online, your group earns a 10% rebate on custom awards, gifts and logo gear orders placed with TCAPS' Give Back Partner, Bulls-i, Inc. 

You'll have access to the TCAPS Online Design Studio to create custom designs in minutes. Choose from over 9,000 designs and clip art or start from scratch.

Bulls-i, Inc. handles all ordering, credit card transactions, etc. and provides a convenient in-town pickup location at 3333 Cass Road in Traverse City. Daily order transaction reports are emailed to your preferred contact(s). 

For more information, contact Adam Warren at Bulls-i, Inc. at or 231.933.8815.

TCAPS' Trademark Licensing Program

A trademark licensing program gives Traverse City Area Public Schools control over its logos and marks, thereby ensuring the quality and consistency of all the district’s merchandise. It also enables Traverse City Area Public Schools to generate revenue from the sale of merchandise bearing its logos and marks. The revenue is used to support and enhance many programs throughout the district. Outside of the district, the trademark licensing program creates a cooperative and positive working relationship with the manufacturers and retailers that work with Traverse City Area Public Schools.

Anyone wishing to use the marks, logos, and symbols of the school MUST use a licensed vendor. If you are working with a vendor who would like to become licensed, please direct them to K12 Licensing to complete the application. 

A trademark is any word, mark, slogan, symbol, design, logo or combination of these elements, which identifies and distinguishes the goods or services of one party from others.

A design that could create a likelihood of consumer confusion due to similarity to the district’s trademarks may be an infringement of the Traverse City Area Public Schools trademark rights.

The manufacturer of the product pays a royalty that is a percentage of the net sales price. This royalty revenue provides Traverse City Area Public Schools additional revenue to support district programs.

Like the other associations and leagues (NCAA, NFL, NBA, etc.), the product will carry a distinct label and/or hangtag. It will identify the product as “Official NFHS High School Product.”

If you find a product without the hangtag, please contact Karyn Hertel ( or 231.933.1790) or Andrew Engel ( or 224.829.4108) and let them know what kind of product it is and where you found it.

Permission must be obtained to use Traverse City Area Public Schools marks and logos. Contact Karyn Hertel at 231.933.1790 or for more information.

Trademark Licensing Questions?

If you are a vendor who is interested in obtaining a license for TCAPS products, K12 Licensing will aid individuals, companies, departments, and organizations in securing the proper agreements and forms. 

Please contact the K12 representative listed below for more information on trademark licensing:

Andrew Engel
K12 Licensing Representative

TCAPS Questions?

For TCAPS specific questions, please contact:

Karyn Hertel
Partner In Education Coordinator

Traverse City Area Public Schools has contracted with K12 Licensing to help manage the district’s trademark and licensing program. As the nation’s largest and oldest prep licensing agency, K12 Licensing has a proven record of success that no other agency can match. Since 1997, K12 Licensing has helped more than 5,800 high schools across the country implement and maintain an effective trademark licensing program. K12 Licensing helps to administer the application process, collect royalties, process insurance and factory disclosures, assist with marketing, and provide legal guidance.