Parents & Students
Below you will find information, resources and links to the most commonly asked for information.
Blair Elementary School is having a Book Fair!
- April 18th from 8:30 AM - 4:15 PM
- April 19th from 8:30 AM - 4:15 PM
TCAPS 2022-23 K-12 Courses
TCAPS offers both in-person and 100% virtual learning options for students in grades K-12. Below you'll find resources to assist with your class selections:
Order Pictures with Timeless Image
TCAPS partners with Timeless Image, Inc. for school pictures. You can order pictures online at https://vando.imagequix.com/A9PRL9G. Use the Blair school code of 7222. School picture date is October 12, 2022.
Attendance Hotline: 231.933.5701
Regular school attendance is important and a major factor in the academic success of each student. Active participation and interaction by students in the classroom is an essential part of the instructional process and is only experienced through regular attendance. The primary responsibility for ensuring regular school attendance rests with the parent(s)/guardian(s) and the student. Through the cooperative efforts of parent(s)/guardian(s), it is hoped each student will develop attendance habits and attitudes which will be helpful to his/her present and future endeavors.
All student absences and lateness (tardies) must be communicated with the school office.
Please be sure to include the following information when communicating with the school office:
- Student’s full name (with spelling)
- Teacher's name
- Applicable date and time
- Your name and relationship to the student
- Reason for the student’s absence (If ill: report student's symptoms and diagnosis by doctor if applicable)
- Length of time you expect the student to be absent or tardy
- Number where you can be reached
Busing & Transportation
If your busing needs change at any time, please contact your school office or call the transportation department at 231.933.1933 for more information.
- Bus Hotline (for closings and bus delays) - 231.933.1955
- District Boundary Map
- Transportation Department: for bus parking maps, shuttle schedules, half day dismissal and bus stop drop times, contact information, etc.
- Transportation Request Form
Documents & Resources
- Annual Education Report
- Elementary Student Handbook
- Preschool Participant Handbook
- School Safety Drills
- District School Year Calendar
Services & Information
Field Trip Info & Forms
How to Report Bullying
How to Report Bullying
Traverse City Area Public Schools takes bullying very seriously and will investigate all reported incidents. Reports can be made by contacting your school office or by filling out the TCAPS Bullying Preventions & Intervention Incident Reporting Form.
All reported incidents reported will follow the bullying/cyberbullying investigative process.
Library Media Center
Online Catalogs & Resources
TCAPS Elementary Library Media Website
Library Media Paraprofessional
Volunteers are always welcome in the library. Please contact Patricia Aprea for more information. Thank you
- Menus & Prices
- Nutritional Information
- Pay for Lunch Online
- My School Interactive Online Menus
- My School Menus Video Tutorial
- Free/Reduced Online Lunch Application
- Request for Special Dietary Needs Accommodation Form
Find Out if You Qualify for Free/Discounted Meals
TCAPS is proud to offer healthy meals to our students every school day. Children need healthy meals to fuel their learning and your child(ren) may qualify for free or reduced meal benefits.
Whether or not your child plans to participate in the free and/or reduced meals program, the information is vital for the district. It is used not only to determine meal prices for qualifying families, but it is also used as part of the application process for a number of grants and other opportunities TCAPS participates in. We are pleased to be able to offer qualifying families with free or discounted meal rates, so if you think your family might qualify, please apply today.
Paying Tuition w/E-Funds
The online extended day registration process is completed through the PowerSchool (Parent) Public Portal. Before starting the registration process, you will need to have your child's unique PIN number which can be obtained from your child's school office.
PowerSchool Public Portal Information
- Access the PowerSchool Public Portal
For additional registration information, contact the Early Childhood office at 231.933.1759 or email@example.com.
PowerSchool Public Portal
PowerSchool Public Portal can be accessed by both students and parents to view class schedules, keep track of grades and attendance, set up email notifications, and receive comments from teachers.
Blair Elementary School PTO invites all parents to get involved in school activities and events and/or considering becoming a member of the PTO board. The PTO works throughout the year to bring quality enrichment opportunities to our students as well as raise funds for student programming. PTO meetings are held once a month and are open to the public. All Blair families are encouraged to attend. Please join us to learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit our PTO webpage for meeting dates, times and board contact information.
- Visit our PTO Facebook for event photos, updates and more.
There are multiple ways you can find out if school is closed due to inclement weather:
- All local radio and televisions stations announce school closings on a regular basis
- Call the bus hotline - 231.933.1955
- Visit the district website or the school website. A pop up will come on the screen if there is a closing alert (pop up blocker must be turned off)
- Follow the district on Facebook and/or Twitter
Want more information? View Snow Day FAQs
Interpreting during any meeting or translation of any documents will be provided for any parent who requests interpreting or translating. The process to request these services is:
- Contact your school and make a request. The school will then make the request through the Human Resources Department, and an interpreter will be provided.
- A school may use the Tele-Interpreter Service if no interpreter is available, or if interpreter/translation services are an immediate need.
Throughout the school year, Blair Elementary School looks for parent volunteers to help in various positions. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the main office or speak with your child's teacher. All volunteers will need to complete the district's online volunteer application and a background check before volunteering at the school. To complete the application and for more information on volunteering, please visit the district's volunteer page. Thank you for your support!