The mission of the TCAPS library program is to provide access to materials in a variety of formats to enable students and staff to be effective users of ideas and information, as life-long learners.
Central High School, West Senior High School, East Middle School, and West Middle School are staffed with one teacher librarian and library media paraprofessional (LMP) support staff. Traverse City High School and the fourteen elementary schools are staffed by a library media paraprofessional. Library hours are determined by each building. One teacher librarian coordinates programming in the elementary buildings.
Highlights of the Library Media Program
- Collections designed to support curriculum at all levels, including print, electronic and primary sources
- Extensive e-Book collections on Overdrive at the secondary sites
- Video conferencing opportunities in the elementary libraries
- Best practice research instruction with teacher collaboration
- Online catalog available for community use
- Flexible schedules to allow student access throughout the day at the secondary sites
- Group and individual reading motivation and guidance
- Well-maintained, highly organized libraries