Parents & Students
Below you will find information, resources and links to the most commonly asked for information.
TCAPS 2020-2021 Safe Start Plan
Visit www.tcaps.net/safestart to view TCAPS' 2020-2021 Safe Start Plan and watch a health and safety protocols video showing some of the new precautions put into place in preparation for for the new school year. Additional information will be shared on this page throughout the school year.
2020-21 K-12 Course Catalog
TCAPS offers both in-person and 100% virtual learning options for students in grades K-12. View TCAPS' 2020-21 K-12 Course Catalog here.
Attendance Hotline: 231.933.5860
Regular school attendance is important and a major factor in the academic success of each student. Active participation and interaction by students in the classroom is an essential part of the instructional process and is only experienced through regular attendance. The primary responsibility for ensuring regular school attendance rests with the parent(s)/guardian(s) and the student. Through the cooperative efforts of parent(s)/guardian(s), it is hoped each student will develop attendance habits and attitudes which will be helpful to his/her present and future endeavors.
All student absences and lateness (tardies) must be communicated with the school office.
Please be sure to include the following information when communicating with the school office:
- Student’s full name (with spelling)
- Teacher's name
- Applicable date and time
- Your name and relationship to the student
- Reason for the student’s absence (If ill: report student's symptoms and diagnosis by doctor if applicable)
- Length of time you expect the student to be absent or tardy
- Number where you can be reached
Busing & Transportation
If your busing needs change at any time, please contact your school office or call the transportation department at 231.933.1933 for more information.
College & Scholarship Info
Daily School Schedule
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Schedule
- 7:50 AM - 9:21 AM 1st Block
- 9:21 AM - 9:26 AM Passing Time
- 9:26 AM - 10:57 AM 2nd Block
- 10:57 AM - 11:02 AM Passing Time
- 11:02 AM - 12:33 PM 3rd Block
- 12:33 PM - 1:13 PM Lunch
- 1:13 PM - 2:47 PM 4th Block
Tuesday Mentor Schedule
- 7:50 AM - 9:11 AM 1st Block
- 9:11 AM - 9:16 AM Passing Time
- 9:16 AM - 10:37 AM 2nd Block
- 10:37 AM - 10:42 AM Passing Time
- 10:42 AM - 12:03 PM 3rd Block
- 12:03 PM - 12:43 PM Lunch
- 12:43 PM - 1:13 PM Mentor
- 1:13 PM - 1:18 PM Passing Time
- 1:18 PM - 2:47 PM 4th Block
Documents & Resources
- Athletic Physical Form
- Concussion Information & Form
- Enrollment Information & Forms
- Free/Reduced Lunch Online Application
- Medication Treatment Form
- Military Opt-Out Form
- Student/Parent Laptop Agreement Form
- Transcript Requests
Field Trip Info & Forms
High School Programs
Visit the TCAPS High School page to learn more about the various programs and resources offered to high school students, such as:
- Menus & Prices
- Nutritional Information
- Pay for Lunch Online
- My School Interactive Online Menus
- My School Menus Video Tutorial
- Free/Reduced Online Lunch Application
- Request for Special Dietary Needs Accommodation Form
Find Out if You Qualify for Free/Discounted Meals
TCAPS is proud to offer healthy meals to our students every school day. Children need healthy meals to fuel their learning and your child(ren) may qualify for free or reduced meal benefits.
Whether or not your child plans to participate in the free and/or reduced meals program, the information is vital for the district. It is used not only to determine meal prices for qualifying families, but it is also used as part of the application process for a number of grants and other opportunities TCAPS participates in. We are pleased to be able to offer qualifying families with free or discounted meal rates, so if you think your family might qualify, please apply today.
PowerSchool Public Portal
There are multiple ways you can find out if school is closed due to inclement weather:
- All local radio and televisions stations announce school closings on a regular basis
- Call the bus hotline - 231.933.1955
- Visit the district website or the school website. A pop up will come on the screen if there is a closing alert (pop up blocker must be turned off)
- Follow the district on Facebook and/or Twitter
Want more information? View Snow Day FAQs
Interpreting during any meeting or translation of any documents will be provided for any parent who requests interpreting or translating. The process to request these services is:
- Contact your school and make a request. The school will then make the request through the Human Resources Department, and an interpreter will be provided.
- A school may use the Tele-Interpreter Service if no interpreter is available, or if interpreter/translation services are an immediate need.
Throughout the school year, TCHS looks for parent volunteers to help in various positions. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the main office or speak with your student's teacher. All volunteers will need to complete the district's online volunteer application and a background check before volunteering at the school. To complete the application and for more information on volunteering, please visit the district's volunteer page. Thank you for your support!