Counseling Center & Student Services
Obtaining a Student Work Permit
Student Work Permits
Following is the school district’s process for student work permits:
- Student obtains a copy of the appropriate blank work permit form from his/her employer or by using the appropriate link below (based on student age).
- Student completes Section 1.
- Student takes the form to his/her Employer.
- Employer completes Section 2.
- Student goes to his/her school or the administration office with completed form and school ID or state ID card/driver’s license.
- School or administration office reviews the work permit, confirms information with the student's PowerSchool record and ID that is presented, and completes Section 3 of the work permit. School makes a copy of the work permit for the student's file.
- Student takes his/her completed work permit to his/her employer.
If you have questions about this process or need further assistance, please speak with your school’s main office or call TCAPS' Human Resources office at 231.933.1710.
Enrollment Information and Forms
Class of 2022 Honors Convocation & Graduation Information
Celebrating the Class of 2022
Graduation Commencement Ceremony:
Sunday, June 5th, 2022 at 1:00pm
Kresge Auditorium, Interlochen Center for the Arts
Honors Convocation Ceremony (by invitation only):
Tuesday, May 24th, 2022 at 6:00pm
Traverse City West Senior High Auditorium
Teacher, counselors and principals will continue to monitor and communicate with students that are not passing their classes. Parents should also be aware that for students not achieving at appropriate levels, the services listed below continue to be available to your student:
Academic Assistance Services
- Academic Assistance - LMC, Daily, 8am -3pm
- Testing Center -LMC, Daily, 7:30 am -3pm
- Homework Hub - Tuesday-Thursday from 3:10-4:10 in the LMC
- Conflict Mediation - LMC, Daily 8am -3pm
- Writing Center - C202, Daily, 11:25 am -12:57 pm
- Math Lab - A108, Daily, 11:25 am- 12:57 pm
- Indigenous Education - B-114
- Tutor List - A list of tutors is compiled for you as a courtesy service of TCAPS. Certified teachers included on this list have indicated an interest in tutoring and have been reviewed by the TCAPS human resources staff. We recommend that you interview tutors to determine if they fit your needs and to make individual arrangements directly with the tutor.
Additional Counseling / Student Services
- For additional assistance, please visit the school counseling office or call 231.933.7700.
- After viewing your student's grades and speaking with your student on their work in any particular class, please know you can always contact your student’s instructor through email or phone. Visit the Our Staff webpage for staff contact information.
College & Scholarship Info
Dual Enroll/Early College
Current seniors and graduates from the Classes 2000 - 2019 will request a secure transcript through Parchment and have them sent directly to the college of your choice or, you may stop in the counseling office to request a transcript. Request a transcript from Parchment
TC West Graduates from the Class of 1998 & 1999
Traverse City West's Transcript Information Line is 231.933.7703. Whether you are a business requesting verification or an individual needing a copy of your records, we will do our best to facilitate your request. For a transcript or verification requests, please:
- Complete a Transcript Records Request Form located in the main office or counseling office at West Senior High School (5376 North Long Lake Rd).
- Request your transcript or verification by mail. If you are requesting records by mail, please be sure to include the following:
- Transcript Records Request Form
- Full legal name of the student
- Full name used when in attendance at West Senior High School
- Date of birth
- The year graduated or last in attendance
- Print the address where your transcripts should be mailed
- Phone number where you can be reached
- Please date and sign your request and include the appropriate fee. If this is for verification by a business, we will need the signature of the person whose records you are inquiring about.
- Mail to: Traverse City West Senior High School, Attn: Student Records, 5376 N. Long Lake Rd., Traverse City MI 49685
- There is a $3.00 fee per transcript for graduates from the years 2000 to our most recent graduates. The fee is $4.00 before the year 2000. A request for a faxed transcript is $5.00. Please be advised that most educational institutions will not accept a faxed transcript as an official copy. At the present time we do not accept credit cards.
- If you are requesting a duplicate diploma, the cost is $30 and the wait is approximately 6 weeks. The wait on a transcript or verification is approximately 1 week.
- All checks should be made out to TCAPS.
If you have questions or a request that has not been addressed, please call our administrative assistant at 231.933.7703 or our registrar at 231.933.7702.
For student assistance information, please contact our school counselors listed at the bottom of this webpage.
Students in Transition Empowerment Program (STEP)
Students in Transition Empowerment Program (STEP) is a program administered by Traverse City Area Public Schools that provides free supportive, education-related services to students, ages 3-20, who lack fixed, regular and adequate housing. STEP ensures the educational rights of families and youth as required by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. The STEP program works with eligible students who have lost permanent housing due to foreclosure, eviction, or reasons related to economic hardship to locate and coordinate available services based on each student’s individual needs. The goal of the program is to ensure school stability, remove barriers to full participation in their education, and support academic achievement while children are in residential transition. Visit the TCAPS STEP website for more information about the program and its services.
For more information about STEP at West Senior High School, please contact the STEP Office at 231.933.7589 or 231-933-5901