Parents & Students
Below you will find information, resources and links to the most commonly asked for information.
2022 Summer Assignments
TCAPS 2022-23 K-12 Courses
TCAPS offers both in-person and 100% virtual learning options for students in grades K-12. Below you'll find resources to assist with your class selections:
- 9th Grade Course Selection Form
- 10th Grade Course Selection Form
- 11th Grade Course Selection Form
- 12th Grade Course Selection Form
TCAPS partners with Timeless Image, Inc. for school pictures. You can order pictures online at Timeless-Image.com. Click on "Order Pictures" and use the CHS school code of 9021.
Common Forms, Documents & Resources
- Athletic Physical Form
- Concussion Information & Form
- Enrollment Information & Forms
- Free/Reduced Lunch Online Application
- Medication Treatment Form
- Military Opt-Out Form
- Pre-Arranged Absence Request Form
- Student/Parent Laptop Agreement Form
- Transcript Requests
- Yearbook Online Orders
How to Report Bullying
How to Report Bullying
Traverse City Area Public Schools takes bullying very seriously and will investigate all reported incidents. Reports can be made by contacting your school office or by filling out the TCAPS Bullying Preventions & Intervention Incident Reporting Form.
All reported incidents reported will follow the bullying/cyberbullying investigative process.
- Menus & Prices
- Nutritional Information
- Pay for Lunch Online
- My School Interactive Online Menus
- My School Menus Video Tutorial
- Free/Reduced Online Lunch Application
- Request for Special Dietary Needs Accommodation Form
Find Out if You Qualify for Free/Discounted Meals
TCAPS is proud to offer healthy meals to our students every school day. Children need healthy meals to fuel their learning and your child(ren) may qualify for free or reduced meal benefits.
Whether or not your child plans to participate in the free and/or reduced meals program, the information is vital for the district. It is used not only to determine meal prices for qualifying families, but it is also used as part of the application process for a number of grants and other opportunities TCAPS participates in. We are pleased to be able to offer qualifying families with free or discounted meal rates, so if you think your family might qualify, please apply today.
PowerSchool Public Portal (Grades)
There are multiple ways you can find out if school is closed due to inclement weather:
- All local radio and televisions stations announce school closings on a regular basis
- Call the bus hotline - 231.933.1955
- Visit the district website or the school website. A pop up will come on the screen if there is a closing alert (pop up blocker must be turned off)
- Follow the district on Facebook and/or Twitter
Want more information? View Snow Day FAQs
Academic Assistance Services
For academic assistance information at Central High School, please contact:
- Terri Banish, 231.933.6541
- CHS offers free after school tutoring on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the Testing Center, C161. Tutoring is available for all students and subjects and levels. Every student is welcome and encouraged to attend. For information regarding transportation, call 231.933.6552.
- Tutor List - A list of tutors is compiled for you as a courtesy service of TCAPS. Certified teachers included on this list have indicated an interest in tutoring and have been reviewed by the TCAPS human resources staff. We recommend that you interview tutors to determine if they fit your needs and to make individual arrangements directly with the tutor.
Here at Central, the term “Academy” is used to refer to our smaller learning communities structure. In this model, students are housed in three distinct academies. Incoming freshmen will enroll in an exploratory Freshmen Academy designed to encourage a “voyage of self-discovery” as students seek to identify their academic strengths, interests, and goals. Students entering grades 10-12 are able to select between two thematic academies: the Academy of Arts and Humanities, and the Business-Science-Technology-Engineering-Mathematics (BSTEM) Academy. Each academy includes teams of teachers from math, English, social studies, and science content areas who work together in an interdisciplinary approach to ensure both personalization and academic rigor. View more information about the academies and strands on our Academies webpage.
Classroom Resource Links
Clubs & Academic Teams
Clubs are an excellent way for students to be involved during their high school years. Below are several clubs offered at Central High School:
- Debate Team
- Fellowship of Chistian Athletes
- Key Club
- Model United Nations
- Natural Helpers
- National Honor Society
- View more club information
Don't see a club you want to join? Why not start one?
High School Programs
Visit the TCAPS High School page to learn more about the various programs and resources offered to high school students, such as:
Busing & Transportation
If your busing needs change at any time, please contact your school office or call the transportation department at 231.933.1933 for more information.
New Student Enrollment Information
For enrollment information, please contact TC Central registrar Emily Spica at 231.933.6509.
Before a student is actually enrolled at the high school we must have the following information:
Transcript of grades/classes earned to-date from previous school(s)
Immunization/Health Record in accordance with TCAPS Board Policy & State Statute (must be on file before student can receive schedule or attend) View Immunization Requirements
Certified Birth Certificate or other birth document along with a Birth Affidavit form
Proof of Residency in the Central High School attendance area (i.e. gas bill or lease) or a release (Schools of Choice form) from school district of residence
Release of Information card (if applicable)
Legal documentation for Custody/Guardianship/Court Ward status if applicable
Please contact Emily Spica at 231.933.6509 if your student will be enrolling at Central High School. An appointment will be scheduled after all above information has been provided.
For additional information and enrollment forms, please visit the TCAPS Enrollment Information webpage.
Field Trip Info & Forms
Interpreting during any meeting or translation of any documents will be provided for any parent who requests interpreting or translating. The process to request these services is:
- Contact your school and make a request. The school will then make the request through the Human Resources Department, and an interpreter will be provided.
- A school may use the Tele-Interpreter Service if no interpreter is available, or if interpreter/translation services are an immediate need.
Throughout the school year, Central High School looks for parent volunteers to help in various positions. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete our Parent Volunteer Form. Thank you for your support!