Counseling Center & Student Services

Academic Assistance Services

Tutoring Services

  • CHS offers free after school tutoring/homework help Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 3:15 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the Testing Center.  This is for all students and subjects and levels.
  • Google DocTutor List - A list of tutors is compiled for you as a courtesy service of TCAPS. Certified teachers included on this list have indicated an interest in tutoring and have been reviewed by the TCAPS human resources staff. We recommend that you interview tutors to determine if they fit your needs and to make individual arrangements directly with the tutor. 
  • For additional assistance, please call 231.933.6542.

For student assistance information, please contact our school social worker below:

TCAPS Student Support Network (SSN)

The Student Support Network (SSN) is a program administered by Traverse City Area Public Schools that provides free supportive, education-related services to students, ages 3-20, who lack fixed, regular and adequate housing. SSN ensures the educational rights of families and youth as required by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. Visit the External LinkTCAPS SSN website for more information about the program and its services. 

For more information about SSN at Central High School, please contact 

Student Work Permits

Following is the school district’s process for student work permits:

  1. Student obtains a copy of the appropriate blank work permit form from his/her employer or by using the appropriate link below (based on student age).

External LinkLink to Work Permit for students ages 16 or 17 

External LinkLink to Work Permit for students under 16 years of age

  1. Student completes Section 1.
  2. Student takes the form to his/her Employer.
  3. Employer completes Section 2.
  4. Student goes to his/her school or the administration office with completed form and school ID or state ID card/driver’s license.
  5. School or administration office reviews the work permit, confirms information with the student's PowerSchool record and ID that is presented, and completes Section 3 of the work permit. School makes a copy of the work permit for the student's file.
  6. Student takes his/her completed work permit to his/her employer.  

If you have questions about this process or need further assistance, please speak with your school’s main office or call TCAPS' Human Resources office at 231.933.1710.

Counseling & Student Services Staff

Counselor (A-G)
Counselor (H)/504 Coordinator
Counselor (I-P)
Counselor (Q-Z)
Student Support Specialist