Enrolling Your Child in TCAPS!
Thank you for considering Traverse City Area Public Schools for your child’s educational journey. We are delighted to partner with you to help your child and every student reach his or her potential in an engaging, inspiring and challenging environment.
With the support of our dedicated team of educators, staff and administrators, TCAPS students are challenged to use their imaginations, engage their critical thinking skills and become inspired to develop habits that will help them continue to learn and grow for the rest of their lives.
We invite you to become fully involved in the educational journey of your student and our community’s youth—as a parent, volunteer, mentor, booster and community supporter of our public schools. The Board of Education, administration and staff of TCAPS are grateful to serve our community’s youth and for the many caring circles of families and friends who work together in partnership with our schools to create a bright future for our children.
The following forms need to be completed and turned in prior to your child attending his/her first day of school with TCAPS:
- Student Registration Form (for students new to the district) or Student Transfer Form ( if transferring your student from one TCAPS school to another)
- Immunization record in accordance with state statute. Students who enroll in a public school who do not have up-to-date immunizations or an authorized waiver will not be allowed to attend school until appropriate paperwork is on file in the school office. [view immunization requirements]
- Certified birth certificate or other birth documentation if accompanied by a birth affidavit (A birth affidavit form can be obtained from any school office)
- Proof of residency in the TCAPS district or paperwork requesting release from another school district
The following forms are not required in order to attend a TCAPS school, however, the information would allow TCAPS to better serve you and your child:
- Transportation Request Form – complete only if you will need transportation to/from school. A separate form must be completed for each student.
- Health Appraisal Form – complete if enrolling in a licensed programs only (i.e. preschool, extended day care, summer adventure day camp)
- Free or Reduced Lunch Application – only one application is needed per family and can be completed online at www.lunchapp.com or obtained at any TCAPS school office.
- Directory Information Notice – By law, TCAPS is required to release “directory information” on all students. To view a full definition of directory information, please refer to the annual notifications webpage or in the TCAPS student handbooks. If you have any objections regarding the release of this information about your child, please notify the school your child will be attending in writing.