Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Long Lake Elementary School PTO invites all parents to get involved in school activities and events and/or considering becoming a member of the PTO board. The PTO works throughout the year to bring quality enrichment opportunities to our students as well as raise funds for student programming.
The PTO could not run without you, our parent volunteers! Please consider donating just an hour or two of your time this year. Every bit of talent and enthusiasm you can share, every small block of time you can give…it all makes a big difference for our kids and our school!
Signing up to volunteer is fast and easy, thanks to our PTO page on SignUpGenius! Simply go to SignUpGenius.com and click on the “Find a Sign Up” button in the top right corner. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the “search by email” box and choose your event/time slot!
- PTO meetings are held once a month and are open to the public. All Long Lake families are encouraged to attend. Please join us to learn more.
- Be sure to “like” us on the Long Lake Elementary PTO Facebook to keep updated on the latest PTO news!
PTO Board Meetings
PTO meetings are held once a month and are open to the public. Meetings are held at 6:30 PM, on the second Tuesday of the month (except February). For more information, please contact PTO President Janene Reding.
2016-2017 Meeting Dates
- September 13
- October 11
- November 8
- December 13
- January 10
- February 7
- March 7
- April 11
- May 9
PTO Board Members
Want an easy way to earn money for our school? Below is a list of simple but meaningful ways you can help make a difference. Many of these fundraisers involve things that we already do each day…like grocery shopping…and they’ve raised thousands of dollars for our students over the years!
- Oleson's Food Stores Receipts - Turn in any receipts from Oleson's quarterly. There is not an expiration date on them. The PTO earns 1% in cash on all receipts.
- Box Tops for Education - Clip the Boxtop label from qualified products (there are LOTS of them!) and send them in to your child’s teacher or drop them off in the collection drawer located in the office. Each label is worth 10 cents for our school! (Please be kind to our label counters and trim your labels. Go to the Box Tops for Education website for more information, bonus Boxtops, coupons, etc.
- ShoeBox Recycling – Bring in your paired, wearable shoes and drop them off in the cardboard boxes located in the lobby. Community Recycling will distribute them globally to those in need and, in return, Long Lake gets $.50 for each pound of shoes we donate! Please no holes or tears, Uggs, flip-flops, winter boots, slippers, Crocs, or athletic gear (cleats, skates, etc.).