Parents & Students
Below you will find information, resources and links to the most commonly asked for information.
Attendance Hotline: 231.933.7800
Regular school attendance is important and a major factor in the academic success of each student. Active participation and interaction by students in the classroom is an essential part of the instructional process and is only experienced through regular attendance. The primary responsibility for ensuring regular school attendance rests with the parent(s)/guardian(s) and the student. Through the cooperative efforts of parent(s)/guardian(s), it is hoped each student will develop attendance habits and attitudes which will be helpful to his/her present and future endeavors.
All student absences and lateness (tardies) must be communicated with the school office.
Please be sure to include the following information when communicating with the school office:
- Student’s full name (with spelling)
- Teacher's name
- Applicable date and time
- Your name and relationship to the student
- Reason for the student’s absence (If ill: report student's symptoms and diagnosis by doctor if applicable)
- Length of time you expect the student to be absent or tardy
- Number where you can be reached
Busing & Transportation
If your busing needs change at any time, please contact your school office or call the transportation department at 231.933.1933 for more information.
Documents & Resources
- Book Flix (Gr. K-3)
- Math: Moodle for Families
- Spanish Moodle for Families
- TCAPS 24/7 Anytime K-5 Online Learning
- TCAPS Elementary Tech Learning Resources
Additional Math Resources
- Math: Adapted Math (limited free support, advanced membership cost associated) offers an adaptive math curriculum that adjusts based on students’ needs. Advanced membership includes reports and more customized support. Available for math and reading.
- Math: IXL (cost associated/free sample problems for each standard) is a differentiated math/language arts program that celebrates effort and persistence. Questions are dynamic and thought-provoking, so guessing your way to success is never an option. Instead, they encourage students to learn from their mistakes and move through new challenges at their own pace.
- Math: Lymboo (cost associated/free sign up) offers rich K–5 curriculum beyond Common Core Standards which includes a personalized, adaptive, and dynamic learning experience. The lessons are self-paced and develop independent learning skills.
- Math: Khan Academy (free) offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom.
- Math: MobyMax (free/advanced options available with associated cost) is for all students. Moby's adaptive curriculum creates a unique, individualized education plan for each student, allowing gifted students to progress as quickly as they like while simultaneously ensuring that remedial students get the extra instruction they need.
- Math: Matific (free access for teachers/classes | family access $3/month) features hundreds of playful interactions called ”episodes”. Children enjoy playing our episodes for hours, learning math in a process of guided self-discovery. Matific is adaptive support for each child.
- Annual Education Report
- Elementary Student Handbook
- School Safety Drills
- School Supply Suggestions
- District School Year Calendar
Services & Information
Extended Day Child Care
TCAPS extended day child care programs are licensed by the State of Michigan. Extended day programs are available at all TCAPS elementary schools for students in grades K – 5, with select schools offering extended hours for preschool-age students. The programs offer the opportunity for flexible scheduling, personal attention from an experienced staff and enrichment activities that develop social skills, teamwork and interpersonal relationships.
Before school hours begin at 7:00 a.m. and continue until the start of the school day. The after school hours begin when the school day ends and continues until 6:00 p.m. each day. The program starts with the first scheduled day of school and ends with the last scheduled day of school. This service is available to parents on a pre-arranged and pre-paid basis. Visit the TCAPS Extended Day Child Care website for registration information and contact information.
Field Trip Info & Forms
Library Media Center
Monday - Friday
8:45 AM - 12:45 PM
Volunteers are always welcome in the library. Please contact Pat Miller for more information. Thank you
Long Lake Elementary School PTO invites all parents to get involved in school activities and events and/or considering becoming a member of the PTO board. The PTO works throughout the year to bring quality enrichment opportunities to our students as well as raise funds for student programming. PTO meetings are held once a month and are open to the public. All PTO families are encouraged to attend. Please join us to learn more.
School Day Bell Schedule
Start of School Time
- Students May Arrive: 8:50 AM
- School Begins: 9:05 AM
Grades 3-5 Lunch Schedule
- Lunch: 12:00 PM - 12:20 PM
- Recess: 12:20 PM - 12:40 PM
Grades 1-2 Lunch Schedule
- Lunch: 12:10 PM - 12:30 PM
- Recess: 12:30 PM - 12:50 PM
Kindergarten Lunch Schedule
- Lunch: 12:20 PM - 12:40 PM
- Recess: 12:40 PM - 1:00 PM
- Grades K-1: 2:35 PM - 3:05 PM
- Grades 2-5: 3:10 PM - 3:40 PM
School Dismissal Time
- Full Day Dismissal: 4:03 PM
- Half Day Dismissal: 12:27 PM
There are multiple ways you can find out if school is closed due to inclement weather:
- All local radio and televisions stations announce school closings on a regular basis
- Call the bus hotline - 231.933.1955
- Visit the district website or the school website. A pop up will come on the screen if there is a closing alert (pop up blocker must be turned off)
- Follow the district on Facebook and/or Twitter
Want more information? View Snow Day FAQs
TC Tots Playgroup
Long Lake host a TC Tots Playgroup, for children from newborn to 4 years old, twice a month during the school year. Playgroups are held in the Long Lake Elementary School gymnasium from 9:15 AM – 10:30 AM and are open to the public. Visitors please check in at the main office upon arrival. For more information, contact Anita Kimbrough at 989.640.9696 or call the school office at 231.933.7800.
Translation of any documents, or during any meeting, will be provided for any parent who requests translating. The process to request translation is:
Contact your school and make a request. The school will then make the request through the Human Resources Department, and a translator will be provided. A school may use the Tele-Interpreter Service if no translator is available, or if translation services are an immediate need.
Throughout the school year, Long Lake Elementary School looks for parent volunteers to help in various positions. If you are interested in volunteering, view Long Lake Volunteer Opportunties to for information on volunteering opportunities and how to get started.
All volunteers will need to complete the district's online volunteer application and a background check before volunteering at the school. To complete the application and for more information on volunteering, please visit the district's volunteer page. Thank you for your support!