Standard Classes and Credit Recovery Options
for Grades 9 – 12
TCAPS Summer Academy is open to all 9th – 12th grade students. No residency is required. Students wishing to enroll in the program need to possess and demonstrate a willingness to achieve by completing a course for the first time or completing a course in which an incomplete, withdraw or failure was received.
- June 28-July 27, 2017 (no classes July 3-4)
- Traverse City Central High School, 1150 Milliken Dr.
- Online courses are available 24/7. Course completion is July 30.
- Highly qualified teachers will be available for support at the Central High School library
Mandatory Orientation & Class Attendance Information
- For credit recovery classes
Students must attend course orientation at 8:30 AM or 10 AM on Wednesday, June 28th. Daily attendance throughout the program is required. Students attend classes 8 AM - 10 AM or 10 AM to Noon.
- For standard online classes
Students must attend a course orientation at 10 AM on Wednesday, June 28th. Daily attendance is not required after orientation is completed. Summer term ends July 30.
Tuition balance is to be paid in full before a student may begin the class.
- 1st course – $150
- 2nd course – $150
- 3rd course – $100
- 4th course – $50
Non-TCAPS students who are auditing a credit recovery class for credit will need to provide a student assignment report to the Summer Academy Office prior to the start of summer school by faxing to 231.933.3551 or email email@example.com.
Credit recovery course work will include online assignments, video lectures and assessment through GradPoint. All classes are aligned to State standards. Classes combine the best of highly qualified teachers with the effective use of interactive technology 24/7 at school and at home. The programs provide rich multi-media presentations that engage students in the learning process.
- Students will have the opportunity to receive individualized and/or small group instruction from a certified teacher Mondays through Thursdays.
- Grades for standard course work will be awarded/recommended upon successful completion of course work, at the discretion of the student’s home school.
- Credit recovery option 1 – audit for credit by doing assignments that were not at 78% or missing. Upon successful completion the grade CR for credit is awarded.
- Credit recover option 2 – retake the course based on pre-test results for a letter grade.
- Central Counseling Office, 231.933.3560
- West Counseling Office, 231.933.7703
- TC High School Counseling Office, 231.933.5881
- Academy Director: Ben Lantz, 231.933.3570
- Admin. Asst: Pat Bowen, 231.933.3540