Summer Adventure Day Camps
For Children Ages 3 – 12
TCAPS Summer Adventure Day Camps are available to children ages 3 – 12. TCAPS Summer Adventure Camps are licensed by the State of Michigan to assure safety, health, and quality measures are met. Staff members are certified in CPR/First Aid and have met training and regulation standards. Financial assistance may be available through the Department of Human Services (DHS) for qualifying families. Field trips include (subject to change/cancellation): Centre Ice, Bowling, Beach Trips, Canoeing, State Theatre, Old Town Playhouse, and more.
Due to the large number of campers registering for the TCAPS Summer Adventure Day Camps this year, we will not be not able to accept drop-ins. Licensing requirements on the staff-to-student ratio that must be maintained at all times as well as space constraints make it more difficult for us to be as flexible with schedule changes as we have in the past. We ask families who have already registered for summer camp for your patience and understanding and to limit schedule changes as much as possible. We will do whatever we can to accommodate your needs when we can, but it may not always be possible. We are looking forward to a great summer of making new friends and sharing some great adventures!
Camp Dates & Tuition Information
Camp Dates & Tuition Information
2018 Camp Dates
- June 20 – August 16, 2018
- Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- No camp on July 4-5, 2018
2018 Camp Locations
Camp Locations Offering Five Full Days for ages 5-12
- Cherry Knoll Elementary School (1800 Three Mile Rd.)
- Long Lake Elementary School (7600 N. Long Lake Rd.)
- Willow Hill Elementary School (1250 Hill St.)
These locations offer five full days of camp for the entire nine weeks of summer camp. Cost is $180 ($36/day) each week for a total of $1440 for the summer. Please note that in the event that you are not requiring five days, the cost will remain the same.
Five Full Days for Ages 3-4:
Cherry Knoll and Long Lake will also accept 3 & 4 year old children for $200/week for a total of $1600 for the entire nine weeks.
Camp Location with a Fixed, Varied Schedule
- TCAPS Montessori at Glenn Loomis (1009 Oak St.)
Ages 5-12 - $43/day
Ages 3-4 - $50/day
TCAPS Montessori offers a fixed, varied schedule which means families will pick a schedule that must stay consistent with no changes from week-to-week throughout the summer.
Lunch & Snack Information for All Camps
- Parents will be required to send lunches with their students Monday – Thursday.
- On Fridays, pizza will be provided for all students.
- Two snacks per day will also be provided for all students.
Online registration for TCAPS’ 2018 Summer Adventure Day Camps will remain open until a site fills to licensing capacity. To register, you will need your PowerSchool Access ID/password. Registration forms are available via the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
To enroll a non-TCAPS student, please complete the PowerSchool Access Request Form. Once your request has been received, TCAPS will email you login information and instructions on how to complete the online registration process.
- $30 non-refundable registration fees are due by June 8th or your spot may be forfeited. All fees should be paid using e-Fund.
For More Information
For additional information, please contact the Early Childhood Office at 231.933.1759.
Camp Locations & Contact Information
- Cherry Knoll Elementary School
1800 Three Mile Road, N.
Manager: Kaylla Schmuckal-Olds
- Long Lake Elementary School
7600 N. Long Lake Road
Manager: Lisa Paul
- TCAPS Montessori at Glenn Loomis
1009 Oak Street
Manager: Diane Dillon
Manger: Kaitlyn Thomas
- Willow Hill Elementary School
1250 Hill Street
Manager: Laura Monette
- View District Boundary Map