LEAP Alpine Skiing & Snowboarding
2021 LEAP Alpine Skiing & Snowboarding
Skiing: Grades 1-12 & Snowboarding: Grades 6-12
Shanty Creek Resorts Regarding LEAP Program & COVID-19
- The safety of students, family members, and employees is Shanty Creek's #1 priority.
- Shanty Creek will adhere to all COVID-related protocols established by the CDC and Government actions and will require LEAP participants and families to do so also. Current Shanty Creek COVID information is available on Shanty Creek’s website.
- In the event of a mandated shut down that causes classes to be canceled, a prorated refund of fees will be offered.
Due to COVID-related capacity restrictions and precautions, LEAP program participants can choose between either of two 4-Sunday sessions. Session One will have programs on January 3, 10, 24 & 31. Session Two programs will be on February 7, 21, 28 & March 7. Alpine skiing is available to all TCAPS students in grades 1 – 12. Snowboarding is available to students in grades 6-12.
- Program participants may be on the hill from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM with one and a half hour lessons beginning at 1:30 PM.
- Students will be grouped with similar ages and similar abilities.
- Pick up of tickets and rentals (if needed), and all lessons, will be based out of the main Rental and Snow Sports School areas located at Cedar River Village at the base of the north slopes of Schuss Mountain, 2400 Troon S, Bellaire, MI 49615.
- Lift tickets for all four Sundays will be picked up on week one.
- Those needing rentals will have them pre-set each week based on information provided at the time of registration and then will have pre-set rentals waiting for them each Sunday for the remainder of the program. Please allow adequate time in week one for any size adjustments.
- Parents and Chaperones may purchase Super Sunday tickets and rentals for $33 per week, inclusive.
- Parents and Chaperones not wishing to ski or snowboard may have the option of several warming areas and food and beverage outlets, subject to COVID-related capacity restrictions. Please stay updated on the most recent orders and policies.
- Sorry, but there are no refunds for missed sessions.
- In the event of a canceled session, every attempt will be made to schedule a makeup session.
Each session will be limited to 50 participants and may close before the cutoff date(s).
- Session One: January 1, 2021
- Session Two: February 4, 2021
- Session One: January 3, 10, 24 & 31
- Session Two: February 7, 21, 28 & March 7
- Lessons and lift tickets $60 per participant. Includes four weeks of tickets and four weeks of lessons.
- Rental equipment may be added for an additional $40 per participant. Includes rentals for all four sessions.
- Helmet safety and helmet FAQs
- Chairlift safety and chairlift FAQs
- Skiers Responsibility Code
- Ski Tips for Kids
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a credit card, please follow the link below. Payment with cash or check can be made by printing off and completing the downloadable registration form (below) and mailing to Shanty Creek Resorts, 5780 Shanty Creek Rd., Bellaire, MI 49615 Attn: LEAP. Please allow enough time if mailing to ensure receipt by the registration close deadlines.
Please call Shanty Creek at 231.533.3000, ext. 7158 for more information.