TCAPS’ Great Start Readiness Program

Working together to offer quality classroom opportunities to area preschool children. 

Great Start Readiness Program

Great Start Readiness Program logoThe Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is a free state-funded preschool program for eligible children who turn four years of age on or before September 1. Children attend school four full days, Monday – Thursday, at select TCAPS locations. Transportation options may be available. Children of all abilities are encouraged to apply. Eligibility determined at the time of application. For more information or to make an appointment, please call Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency at 231.346.2116 or 800.632.7334. 

TCAPS Great Start Readiness Locations & 2022-22 School Year Calendars:*

*Locations subject to change.

For more information about the program and eligibility criteria, please call 231.933.1759.

USDA Anti-Discrimination Policy

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800.877.8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: External, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 866.632.9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  • Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  • Fax: 202.690.7442; or
  • Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.