Applying for Employment
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the TCAPS family. Applying for positions can be achieved in four easy steps. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the human resources office at 231.933.1710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
Step 1: Complete the online application.
TCAPS is in the process of switching job application platforms. While the changeover is taking place, please click on the appropriate link below to begin your application process.
- View Open Positions (PowerSchool Hire)
- View Past Applications Here (Frontline)
- It’s easy and user-friendly. Just click and type.
- You do not have to complete your application in one sitting.
- Once submitted, you may log in and update your information at any time.
- You only need to complete the application once but can apply for as many positions as you like.
- Your online application will be kept in active status for one school year. After that time, you will need to submit a new online application to apply for future positions.
- If you have previously submitted a paper application, you must complete the online application to be considered for a position.
- Be sure to read the closing statement prior to clicking the final send button.
- TCAPS retirees and current employees in another permanent position in the district may choose to complete either the internal application or the external application. The external application is a bit longer and will allow you to provide additional information regarding job qualifications.
Step 2: Submit Additional Documents
Step 2: Scan your cover letter, resume and letters of recommendation and upload to supplement your application. The application includes a link to make uploading easy.
Step 3: For Certified Positions Only
Step 3: To be completed ONLY if applying for a certified job, such as teacher, administrator, nurse, school social worker, etc. Upload (using the link provided in the application) scanned copies of:
- Teaching certificate (front and back)
- Student transcripts
- Michigan Test for Teacher Competency (MTTC) results
- Placement office credentials (or letters of recommendation)
Step 4: Begin Applying for Jobs
Step 4: Begin applying for jobs!
Now that you have submitted your online application, you can apply for as many jobs as you like. Positions are classified by categories. Click a category to see the position(s) available in that category. Just click on the “apply” button next to each position for which you wish to be considered. This will link your application and supplemental documentation to the job position which will then be reviewed by an administrator.
Note: If you are applying for a guest teacher, substitute, coach or other position paid with an addendum and are not a TCAPS retiree or current employee in another position in the district there may be an additional step to the employment process. You must still complete the online application as detailed above. If selected, you will first be interviewed by TCAPS. You may then be recommended to Professional Contract Management, Inc. (PCMI) for hire. Applicants hired by PCMI and serving TCAPS do not participate in the State of Michigan retirement plan (MPSERS). If recommended by TCAPS, you will need to complete the PCMI application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to complete an online application if I already completed a paper application?
Yes. To be considered for a position you must submit your application and supplemental documentation via the new online system. If you would like to use your original paper application as a reference for completing the online version, you may contact Human Resources at (231) 933-1710 to request a copy and schedule a time for pickup. All paper applications will be destroyed three years after the date of the original application.
Do I need to complete an online application if I am already employed by TCAPS?
Yes. You must complete an online application in order to apply for an open position. However, you may choose to complete the TCAPS internal online application or if you wish to provide the district with more information regarding your qualifications than is required on the internal application, you may choose to complete the external application.
How do I apply for open positions once I have completed my online application?
You must click the “Apply” button next to each position for which you would like to be considered. By clicking the “Apply” button, your application and supplemental documentation will be linked to that position and will ultimately be reviewed by an administrator looking to fill the position. Remember, although you only need to complete the application once, you must link your application (click “Apply”) each time you apply for a different position.
What if I want to make changes to my application after it is submitted?
You may login and update your application information at any time. If you have forgotten your password, just click on the “forgot password” link and a new one will be sent to the email address you provided when you set up your account.
How do I know you received my information?
The online application process includes an automated response system that notifies you that your application has been processed. If you did not receive the automated response, then you may not have completed the final steps in the application process and should log back in to see which steps were missed.
What if I don’t have a computer?
Many people are able to utilize the computers available at the public library or they can borrow a friend’s computer. If those are not an option for you, a computer can be made available to you at the TCAPS Tompkins/Boardman Administration Center, 412 Webster Street. Please call the Human Resources office at 231.933.1710 to schedule an appointment.