For grades 6 - 12
Snowboarding is available to all TCAPS students in grades 6–12, begins on Sunday, January 7, 2018, and will meet on eight Sundays.
- Program participants may be on the hill from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM with one hour lessons beginning at 1:30 PM.
- Students will be grouped with similar ages and similar abilities.
- Pick up of tickets and rentals (if needed), and all lessons, will be based out of the main Rental and Snow Sports School areas located at Cedar River Village at the base of the north slopes of Schuss Mountain, 2400 Troon S, Bellaire, MI 49615.
- Lift tickets will need to be picked up at the ticket counter weekly.
- Those needing rentals will be sized and fit in week one, then will have pre-set rentals waiting for them each Sunday for the remainder of the program. Please allow adequate time in week one to be properly fit.
- Parents and chaperones may purchase Sunday tickets and rentals for $29 per week, inclusive.
- Parents and chaperones not wishing to ski or snowboard, have the option of several warming areas and food and beverage outlets, including The River Bistro, Ivan’s and The Day Lodge.
- Sorry, but there are no refunds for missed sessions.
- In the event of a cancelled session, every attempt will be made to schedule a makeup session.
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Season Start and End Dates
Sunday, January 7th, 2018 - Sunday, March 3rd, 2018.
Please note, there will not be a session on Sunday, February 18th, due to the holiday weekend.
- Lessons and lift tickets $75 per participant.
- Includes eight weeks of tickets and eight weeks of lessons.
- Rental equipment may be added for an additional $50 per participant.
- Includes rentals for all eight sessions.
- Helmet safety and helmet FAQs
- Chairlift safety and chairlift FAQs
- Skiers Responsibility Code
- Ski Tips for Kids
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a credit card, please follow the link below. Payment with cash or check can be made by printing off and completing the downloadable registration form and mailing to Shanty Creek Resorts, 5780 Shanty Creek Rd., Bellaire, MI 49615 Attn: LEAP. Please allow enough time if mailing in your registration to ensure receipt by January 3, 2018.
Please call Shanty Creek at 231.533.3000, ext. 7158 for more information.