2016-2017 LEAP Wrestling
For Grades 6-8
About the Program
LEAP middle school wrestling welcomes 6-8 grade students of all ability levels and experience. This eight-week program of educational athletics will focus on skill development, gaining an appreciation for the sport of wrestling, and teamwork. Effort, attitude, and commitment will directly influence individual growth within the program. A high level of sportsmanship will be expected of all involved with the program. LEAP will provide each participant with a dri-fit shirt to keep.
- December 22, 2016 (After this date, a $25 late fee will be added to the registration cost.)
- East Middle School –
- West Middle School – Corey Crew, firstname.lastname@example.org, 219.707.0155
Practice will begin the week of January 3, 2017.
- East Middle School – TBD
- West Middle School – TBD
What to Bring
- Athletic clothing – t-shirt, shorts, sweatpants, running/tennis shoes
- Wrestling shoes and head gear if you have it
2017 Meet Schedule
All contests begin at 4 PM unless agreed upon by schools.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed contests will only be made up if schedules allow.
2016-2017 Sports Physical Requirement
All 6th, 7th & 8th grade students must have a physical dated on or after April 15, 2016, on file prior to the start of their sports season. The physical form gives TCAPS representatives the ability to authorize treatment in case of a medical emergency. Once on file, sports physicals are good for one school year. Physical forms can be turned into main office at East Middle School and the North Wing Office at West Middle School.
Download sports physical form
- $125 if registered before December 22, 2016, or $150 after the deadline.
- Reduced rates are available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. Participation fees for those that qualify are as follows:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $70 if registered by deadline or $95 if registered after the deadline.
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $40 if registered by deadline or $65 if registered after the deadline.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a MasterCard or Visa, please follow the link below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance, the LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until you receive an email from Byte confirming the registration. If you do not receive this email within five minutes of registering, submit the information again or call the LEAP office (231.933.1758) for assistance. If you did not receive an email from Byte, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.