LEAP Co-Ed Track & Field
2016-2017 LEAP Co-Ed Track & Field
For Grades 6-8
About the Program
Middle school co-ed track & field is open to boys and girls in grades 6-8 and will run April 3, 2017, through the end of May.
- LEAP will provide each participant with a dri-fit running shirt to keep. The shirt will serve as the jersey for the season.
- All students are guaranteed participation in at least two meets each season, but several meets throughout the season are invitationals, or invite only. Each team is limited to a certain number of entries per event, and those students will be chosen for each meet at the coach’s discretion.
- 6th graders primarily participate in East vs. West Middle School 6th grade meets, along with any other meets in which 6th graders are invited. 7th and 8th graders participate in duel and tri-meets with other area teams throughout the region as well as various invitationals.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed meets will only be made up if schedules allows.
- April 3, 2017 (After this date, a $25 late fee will be added to the cost of registration.)
- East Middle School
- Girls: Bonnie McDougall, email@example.com, 231.933.7326
- West Middle School
Practices will begin following spring break. Once the competition season begins, meets will be held 1-2 days per week on both weeknights and on some Saturdays.
- East Middle School - TBD
- West Middle School - TBD
LEAP Middle School Meet Schedule
- All meets start at 4 PM unless otherwise noted
Important Meet Information
- ONLY PARTICIPANTS, COACHES AND ASSIGNED MEET VOLUNTEERS, are allowed on the infield during meets. All others must be behind the fencing and/or in the stands.
- NO PETS are allowed at any TCAPS event. Please do not bring your pets to the track meets as this is a school policy and is in place for the safety of everyone.
- We rarely cancel track meets so please send your child to meets prepared for all weather conditions. Include shorts, pants, t-shirt, sweatshirt, jacket, tennis shoes, gloves and a water bottle. As the night progresses the weather can dramatically change.
2016-2017 Sports Physical Requirement
All 6th, 7th & 8th grade students must have a physical dated on or after April 15, 2016, on file prior to the start of their sports season. The physical form gives TCAPS representatives the ability to authorize treatment in case of a medical emergency. Once on file, sports physicals are good for one school year. Physical forms can be turned into main office at East Middle School and the North Wing Office at West Middle School.
Download sports physical form
- $125 before April 3, 2017, or $150 after the deadline.
- Reduced rates are available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. Participation fees for those that qualify are as follows:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $70 if registered by deadline or $95 if registered after the deadline.
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $40 if registered by deadline or $65 if registered after the deadline.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a MasterCard or Visa, please follow the link below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance, the LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until you receive an email from Byte confirming the registration. If you do not receive this email within 5 minutes of registering, submit the information again or call the LEAP office (231.933.1758) for assistance. If you did not receive an email from Byte, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.