LEAP Super Structures
2016-2017 LEAP Super Structures
About the Program
LEAP is excited to offer Super Structures! Whether your son or daughter has a great imagination, likes to figure out how things work, or simply loves to build, you’ll love seeing your child learn engineering skills in a fun and easy way in this six-week course. This class is offered at Silver Lake Elementary School but is open to all TCAPS students in grades 3-5.
In our new Super Structures course, your future engineer will:
- Learn about various types of bridges and how their design makes them suitable for different kinds of loads & stresses using K’NEX.
- Test the strength of their bridge by adding weight.
- Be able to design their own bridge based on what they learned during the class.
- Build skills in problem solving, logic and physics through hands-on creation.
- Collaborate in teams to develop communication skills and make new friends.
- Silver Lake Elementary School
5858 Culver Road
- Classes will be held once a week immediately after school for 1 ½ hours.
- Schedule: 1/17, 1/24, 1/31, 2/7, 2/14, 2/21
- Must have a minimum of six students to hold the class and a maximum of twelve.
- Registration Deadline: January 13, 2017 (or until class is filled)
- $150 for the six-week session
- Reduced rates are not available for this program.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until you receive an email from Byte confirming the registration. If you do not receive this email within five minutes of registering, submit the information again or call the LEAP office (231.933.1758) for assistance. If you did not receive an email from Byte, the payment did not process.