Underwater Creatures LEGO Robotics
2016-2017 LEAP Underwater Creatures LEGO Robotics
About the Program
LEAP is excited to offer Underwater Creatures Robotics! Whether your son or daughter has a great imagination, likes to figure out how things work, or simply loves to build, you’ll love seeing your child learn engineering and design skills in a fun and easy way in this four-week course. This program is being held at Cherry Knoll Elementary School but is open to all TCAPS students in grades 1-3.
In our new Underwater Robotics course, your future design engineer will:
- Take on challenges to create robots with an underwater theme.
- Use engineering and design to make a fish that flaps its tail or fins, an octopus that spins, a sea turtle that draws its head into its shell and a hungry shark.
- Be using LEGO bricks and WeDo software.
- Be having a blast creating these robots while learning practical STEM skills
- Cherry Knoll Elementary School
1800 Three Mile Road
- Classes will be held once a week immediately after school for one hour.
- Schedule: 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8
- Must have a minimum of six students to hold the class and a maximum of twelve.
- Registration Deadline: January 13, 2017 (or until class is filled)
- $125 for the four-week session
- Reduced rates are not available for this program.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until you receive an email from Byte confirming the registration. If you do not receive this email within five minutes of registering, submit the information again or call the LEAP office (231.933.1758) for assistance. If you did not receive an email from Byte, the payment did not process.