LEAP Elementary Cross-Country
2016-2017 LEAP Cross-Country
For Grades 3-5
Cross-Country is open to boys and girls in 3rd through 5th grades starting September 12 and will run for six weeks. Teams will be formed at each elementary school. Students will run a one-mile course.
All 2015 Cross-Country Registrants are Invited to Run with Titans/Trojans on August 31, 2016!
- Run with the Titans: Boys & Girls at the Dog Park in town by the Elks 9 AM – 10 AM.
- Run with the Trojan Boys: Meet at the Civic Center 8 AM – 10 AM; bad weather meet at Central High School gym
- Run with the Trojan Girls: Meet at Central High School flag pole 8:30 AM – 10 AM.
- Student must be registered to participate.
- September 7, 2016 (After this date, a $25 late fee will be added to registration fee.)
Season Start and End Dates
- September 12 – October 20, 2016
- Tuesday, September 20, 2016 (Central League)
- Thursday, September 22, 2016 (West League)
Practice will run 1-3 days per week after school at each home school. Exact practice days and times will be determined by the availability of the volunteer coach and will not be known until a coach is in place. Schedules vary from school to school. Following the close of registration, your student’s coach will contact you regarding a more detailed schedule.
2016-2017 Meet Schedule
The Central League will compete on Tuesdays at East Middle School/Carlisle Field. The West League will compete on Thursdays at Silver Lake Elementary School.
- Central League Schools at Carlisle Field - 5:30 PM (9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, and 10/20 is the All-City Meet at the Civic Center at 5:00 PM)
- West League Schools at Silver Lake - 5:30 PM (9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, and 10/20 is the All-City Meet at the Civic Center at 5:00 PM)
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed meets will only be made up if schedules allow.
- $50 if registered by September 7, 2016, or $75 if registered after the deadline.
- Reduced fees are available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. Participation fees for those that qualify are as follows:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $25 if registered by the deadline.
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $12.50 if registered by the deadline.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a MasterCard or Visa, please follow the link below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance, the LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until you receive an email from Byte confirming the registration. If you do not receive this email within 5 minutes of registering, submit the information again or call the LEAP office (231.933.1758) for assistance. If you did not receive an email from Byte, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.