LEAP Boys' Basketball
2016-2017 LEAP Boys’ Basketball
For Grades 2-3
Boys’ 2nd and 3rd grade basketball will begin April 3, 2017, and will run for six weeks. Teams will be formed at each elementary school that has enough participants registered to field a team. Teams will practice 2-3 days a week and will begin competitions after the second week of practices.
- 2nd and 3rd grade teams will be combined and will be divided as equitably as possible.
- Teams of 5-8 players
- 3 v 3 play on shortened courts
- 2nd/3rd grade teams practice 2-3 days per week.
- Games will take place on Wednesdays for ALL schools.
- Games will be scheduled between 5 PM and 8 PM at various elementary schools.
- Each team will play two games per week for four weeks.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed games will only be made up if schedules allows.
- March 23, 2017 (After this date, a $25 late fee will be added to the registration fee.)
Season Start & End Dates
- April 3 – May 10, 2017
- April 19, 2017
Practice will run 2-3 days per week after school at each home school. Exact practice days and times will be determined by the availability of the volunteer coach and will not be known until a coach is in place. Schedules vary from school to school. Following the close of registration, your student’s coach will contact you regarding a more detailed schedule. Students should wear comfortable clothes as well as tennis shoes for practices. A jersey will be loaned to the student to wear for games during the season.
- Once the number of teams have been determined at each school, the schedule will be created and posted here.
- $40 if registered by deadline or $65 if registered after the deadline.
- Reduced rates are available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. Participation fees for those that qualify are as follows:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $20 if registered by deadline or $45 if registered after the deadline.
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $10 if registered by deadline or $35 if registered after the deadline.
Milk Crate Basketball Assistance
Need an “Assist” this season? LEAP is proud to partner with Milk Crate Basketball, a local nonprofit organization assisting KIDS IN NEED with resources to play and enjoy the game of basketball. Through donations and merchandise sales, Milk Crate Basketball provides kids with a wide range of items needed in order to play and enjoy basketball — shoes, basketballs, hoops, athletic wear, registration fees, etc. [Download the Assist Application for this season.]
Want to learn more about Milk Crate Basketball? For more information: visit www.milkcratebasketball.org.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a MasterCard or Visa, please follow the link below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance, the LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. (old athletic office) Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until you receive an email from Byte confirming the registration. If you do not receive this email within 5 minutes of registering, submit the information again or call the LEAP office (231.933.1758) for assistance. If you did not receive an email from Byte, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.