LEAP Alpine Skiing
2016-2017 LEAP Alpine Skiing
For grades 1 - 12
Alpine skiing will begin Sunday, January 8, 2017, on Schuss Mountain at Shanty Creek Resorts, and will include eight Sundays worth of skiing and lessons. (Note: there will be no program offered on Sunday, February 19, due to the holiday weekend). Alpine skiing is available to all TCAPS students in grades 1 – 12.
- Program participants may be on the hill from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM with one hour lessons beginning at 1:30 PM.
- Students will be grouped with similar ages and similar abilities.
- Pick up of tickets and rentals (if needed), and all lessons, will be based out of the main Rental and Snow Sports School areas located at Cedar River Village at the base of the north slopes of Schuss Mountain, 2400 Troon S, Bellaire, MI 49615.
- Lift tickets will need to be picked up at the ticket counter weekly.
- Those needing rentals will be sized and fit in week one, then will have pre-set rentals waiting for them each Sunday for the remainder of the program. Please allow adequate time in week one to be properly fit.
- Parents and chaperones may purchase Sunday tickets and rentals for $25 per week, inclusive.
- Parents and chaperones not wishing to ski or snowboard, have the option of several warming areas and food and beverage outlets, including The River Bistro, Ivan’s and The Day Lodge.
- Sorry, but there are no refunds for missed sessions.
- In the event of a canceled session, every attempt will be made to schedule a make-up session.
January 4, 2017
Season Start and End Dates
- January 8, 2017 – March 5, 2017
- There will be no session on February 19, 2017 due to the holiday weekend.
- Lessons and lift tickets $60 per participant. Includes eight weeks of tickets and eight weeks of lessons.
- Rental equipment may be added for an additional $40 per participant. Includes rentals for all eight sessions.
- Helmet safety and helmet FAQs
- Chairlift safety and chairlift FAQs
- Skiers Responsibility Code
- Ski Tips for Kids
Please call Shanty Creek at 231.533.3000, ext. 7158 for more information.