Education in Action Stories
How to Submit an Education in Action Story
To submit stories to the Education in Action blog:
- Email your story to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your post should be 200-400 words long.
- It should be conversational and written in your own voice.
- We encourage you to submit photos or short videos with your stories. Please remember that if you include students in your submission, parental permission is required.
- Please also include a short biography: About the author(s): include professional experience, education and current position/title.
Things to remember:
- Do not submit copyrighted or other proprietary material in any form unless you clearly indicate that you have permission to do so. By submitting your story or other work, you grant TCAPS and anyone viewing the TCAPS website irrevocable permission to copy, distribute, make derivatives, display or perform the commenter’s work publicly and free-of-charge.
- TCAPS reserves the right to edit posts, with the final permission of the author.
- TCAPS reserves the right not to publish any submissions, at any time, for any reason.
Education in Action
Music Teacher Shares Teaching Strategies with University Students
Emerick Dee, a music teacher at TCAPS, was invited to visit Texas State University as a guest of Dr. Lynn Brinckmeyer who is Professor of Music, Associate Director for the School of Music and Director of Choral Music Education.
Shared-Time Music Teacher Earns Regional “Teacher of the Year” Distinction
Charles Taylor, a TCAPS music teacher who works under the district’s shared-time program, which provides educators to area parochial schools, was selected as the Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association’s (MSBOA’s) District 2 “Teacher of the Year.”
Teaching Assistant’s Artwork Displayed at ArtPrize
Janelle Dahlberg, an artist and an employee at TCAPS’ Old Mission Peninsula School, participated in her 6th year at ArtPrize.